Alone (9)

(Shorter part :0)

"R....ii... re–i... Rei..?" you heard Megumi's voice ring out softly above you. You opened your eyes to be greeted by what looked to be a hospital room with Megumi hovering over you.

"M-megumi?" you asked.

"I'm here."

"... w-where is everyone?"

Megumi looked down, "I'll tell you later... just.. How are you feeling?"

"... don't know."

"... that's fair..." he whispered, seemingly uneasy.

You heard shouting from outside, you couldn't place who the voice was.

"Why won't you tell me where she is!?" Gojo screamed at Shoko.

"Satoru.. I don't even know if she's up yet.. I really don't think you should even see her right now... given your state."

"Bullshit. All of this is bullshit!" he shouted, punching a wall making a hole in it.

"You need to calm down." Shoko ordered. "Stay here. You'll get to see her soon."

Shoko left Gojo there to battle his thoughts. He felt like he was going insane. Itadori's dead... Nobara is seriously injured... and they had the audacity to tell me she was almost in the same state as Yuji... Gojo looked down at his wrist. Why didn't she use the bell... I told her... I fucking told her.. He clenched his fists, his nails digging into his palms. Kishi... where..? Slowly, a chain appeared around his wrist, leading away into a nearby room.

"Wait.. where's Satoru? Does he–" you started asking Megumi before the door flew open, revealing Gojo in the most disheveled state you've ever seen him in. Despite having his blindfold on, you could tell he was holding back tears.

"K-kishi.." he whispered, standing eerily still, gazing over your figure.

Megumi got up, "I'll leave you two alone.." He then left the room.

Gojo reached a hand out towards you before hesitantly bringing it back to his side. He walked over to the bedside and sat down on the chair Megumi sat on. You smiled for him, trying to cheer him up. His hands were shaking as you reached up to take off his blindfold. When you did, you could see his eyes filled with a flurry of emotions, tears welling up in them. He was staring directly at your neck. This only caused him to shake more, you couldn't tell if it was out of anger or fear. Instead of asking, you brought a hand up to his. "Squeeze it, whenever something bad pops up in your mind just squeeze." you said softly.

He did so, trying his best not to hurt you. "What's on your mind Satoru?"

"... you almost died... because I wasn't there.... If I had been there I—" he paused himself, you could tell his mind was flashing with images of you dead. "... I would've killed everything there with my bare hands."

"... hey, what's important is that I'm okay! See? I—"

"You're not! Your neck... it's.." he stopped.

"Huh? I mean... I got choked and I think it was bleeding so there's probably a scar or something right?" you asked.

"It fucking put it's hands on you..." he said, squeezing your hand way tighter than before. "If anyone ever dares touch you I'll kill them... I swear I'll—"

"Whoah! Calm down Gojo... I'm okay.. Besides... why do you care so much?" you asked out of curiosity. He looked disgusted that you'd even ask him such a thing.

"Why do I care...? Why do I care!?" he screamed. "Oh I dunno! Maybe it's like I almost just lost another person I loved and couldn't do anything about it!" The walls began shaking, as if you were hit by an earthquake. "My fucking student is dead! The others are traumatized! What's more is this was definitely all a ploy to try and kill Sukuna!"

Wait... someone's dead? The walls began to crack, debris began to fall. "G-gojo.. Please calm down."

"No! You... you almost died Kishi! Why don't you get that!? I already lost Geto, I can't... I can't lose you too!" Tears started to fall from his eyes, but instead of falling they rose up to the ceiling. "I... I don't want to fucking be alone in all of this!!" he screamed.

You heard bickering from outside as if people were trying to get inside the room.

"Satoru...?"

"I can't have someone else I love die... I can't have their blood on my hands.." He looked towards you, his eyes pleading for you to help him.

You closed your eyes and activated your technique. Instead of amplifying Gojo's cursed energy, it seemed to almost keep it at bay.

"... what are you doing?" he asked.

"Satoru, just look at me. Focus on your breath and look at me." you ordered. He nodded before slowly beginning to calm down. The room stopped shaking and his tears fell normally down his cheeks. You both sat in silence for a bit, neither knowing what to say. Eventually Gojo brought you into a tight hug, burying his face in the crook of your neck and crying. You hugged him back softly, rubbing his back and closed your eyes.