[ 𝟕 ] : 𝐠𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

After dinner that night Ruby made her way over to her and Glenn's tent

After dinner that night Ruby made her way over to her and Glenn's tent. Ruby and Glenn shared the tent due to the fact they both had no one.

Ruby liked sharing with Glenn , they would talk about their past lives sometimes at night. They both would have trouble sleeping and Ruby easily knew him and Maggie were up to something dirty.

That morning for some reason Glenn was watching the barn.

"Yeah that's not weird at all." Ruby sighed coming up to him. Glenn instantly got red and mumbled over his words.

"Uh are you ok Glenn?" She asked curiously as to why he was acting like this. "And why the hell are you eyeing the barn? Did you see a walker?" She jokes easily.

The boy froze and Ruby's eyes widened. "There's walkers in the barn." She figured.

"Oh my freaking god. You're a liar! What the hell!" She exclaimed.

"Please be quiet about it! You can't tell anyone! Here have an apple!" He said shoving two into her hands and walking away.

Ruby rolled her eyes and walked over to Carl. "Have an apple!" She said and shoved one into his hand and quickly walked away.

Shane walked over and Ruby distanced herself she was going to talk to Carl but Shane interrupted.

Carl lifted his shirt in the middle of their conversation and revealed a gun. Ruby laughed out loud and caught the attention of Rick and Dale.

Lori got mad and now they were talking about what to do with him.

Carl and Ruby were sitting on a log listening to what they were saying.

Lori was upset he even had a gun and Rick wanted Carl to learn how to shoot. Carl scoffed and rolled his eyes.

                               ₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

"Glenn!" Ruby approached. "What?" He exasperated.

"Tell me the truth please." She asked nicely , wanting the truth.

"What?" He asked confused.

"What else are you hiding?" She asked again.

"Nothing." He answered.

"Tell me." She asked through gritted teeth getting upset because she thought there was no reason to lie to her.

"There's walkers in the barn and Loris pregnant." He stuttered out and squeezed his eyes shut.

Ruby sighed and closed her eyes looking for words.

"Ok." She said blankly.

                              ₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

The next morning was finally a bit more peaceful. Everyone was sitting around a fire eating breakfast.

Ruby sat next to Daryl and ate her food. "Um guys.." Glenn started as he approached the group.

"The barns full of walkers." He said in pure fear as everyone directed their eyes over to him.

Ruby sighed and continued to eat her food.

After breakfast everyone gathered around the barn. Ruby indistinctly heard the moans and groans of the walkers inside.

Shane peaked inside and sighed rubbing his hat off. "Don't tell me you're okay with this." Shane started as the anger was rising inside him.

Ruby's ears turned off remotely and she brought her attention to Carol.

Sophia was probably still out there. Ruby knew the chances of her being alive and well were very slim.

Ruby's ears averted over to Shane and Daryl yelling at each other.

"Let me tell you something else man! If she was alive and saw you coming , all methed out , with your buck mind , geek ears around your neck , she would run in the other direction!" Shane yelled louder than the walkers groans.

Daryl got heated and jumped forward to jump Shane but instead Rick , Andrea and Lori rushed forward to get the two older man away from each other.

Ruby giggled as she thought the two older men fighting was funny. She knew it was wrong but the thought of it made her laugh.

Ruby walked away and she noticed Carl and Lori follow her. "Ruby , would you like to study with Carl?" She asked nicely.

Ruby scoffed and laughed out loud and Carl looked at her as if she was crazy. Ruby stopped dead in her tracks and deadpanned. "No." She said with no emotion on her face.

"Honey I think it would be good for you." Lori explained.

"Sorry Lori but at the end of the world I'm alright. I won't need it anyways. All I need to know to do is read , write and spell correctly. And gladly I can do that!" Ruby explained with a sarcastic smile on her face.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

Ruby , the young little girl made her way around the farm walking in peace.

She approached a log and realized Lori and Shane were talking. Ruby wasn't one to eavesdrop , but the words of Shane made her realized.

Was Lori pregnant with Shane's baby?

Ruby heard Shane talk on how Rick was weak and wasn't made for how the world was now.

Ruby slowly backed away and wanted to make her way over to Rick and tell him. Did he know?

Did he even know she was pregnant?

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

______________________

authors note :

not much to edit this chapter but ok

words : 828