chapter 4

~POV Niall~

I got a call from school. So I am driving to school now. I arrive with Louis since he can calm me down. I look at my kids, and Connor is covered in milkshake. Oh, whoever did this to my son is dead.

I sit down at the principal office. "What happened to my son?" I ask her. "Liam punched a kid in the face," she says. "What happened to Connor?" I ask. "Someone threw a milkshake over him," she answers. "And was that before or after Liam punched that kid in the face?" I ask her. "The boys won't tell," I nod, and they can't go to school for a week.

"Come on, we are going home," I tell the kids angrily. When we arrive home, I tell the kids to sit down. Except for Connor, he can take a shower first. The others just have to wait for Connor. "Dad I-" I don't let Liam finish.

After 30 minutes, Connor sits down clean and well. "Connor? Did Liam hit this kid before or after he threw a milkshake over you?" I ask him. I know Connor is too scared to lie to me. "After," he says. I know that as a parent, I should not be happy about it all, but it makes me a little proud. He helped his brother. We all know Connor isn't someone who does something against it.

"What do you kids want for dinner?" I ask them. They look at each other confused. "I'm not mad. Just don't do it again," I tell them. "So dinner?" I ask again. They tell me what they want, and I agree. "Zayn, can you come with me?" I ask him. He nods, and we get in the car.

"What did you find out about those ashton and James?" I ask him. "I'm sorry," he says, looking down. "What did you find out?" I ask again. "They're undercovers," he says scaredly. "I can kick them out!" Zayn corrects himself. "No, keep your friends close but your enemies closer," I say. "You're not mad at me, right?" He asks scaredly. "No, undercovers are shit heads. Find out if they have something like lovers," he nods.

We get food and we go home. We start eating and it is nice. When dinner is done, I clean up, and Louis comes help me. "You handled that well today with the kids," he says. "I know I am hard on them, but it is only because I know they are good kids. I know liam wouldn't hit someone for nothing. He isn't me. Every time I be hard on them, they protest and don't make the same stupid mistakes as I made," I tell him.

"Like, what mistake?" Louis asks me. "Them getting kidnapped! Her getting murdered! That was my fault. I love them too much to get kidnapped again," I tell him hopelessly. "That wasn't your fault," louis tells me. "It was! I can't live without them, Lou," I tell him.