18

"Let me hear it again." Sunoo sighs and closes his eyes, gathering the little patience he's got left.

"I've said it like five times already, Jungwon."

"Well, make it six, come on," his best friend smiles as he sits on his bed.

"That's not why I asked you to come!" He whines, regretting every decision he's ever made.

"I know, but you can't just come to my place literally crying yesterday and not have me ask about it today, that's not how we work. You should know this," Jungwon points out, and he's right. Again. And Sunoo sighs.

"You were right," he repeats, the pleased smile on his friend's face growing. "I was overreacting."

"And now you got laid! Look at you!" He's so annoying. Sunoo is considering cutting ties with him immediately.

The blush rises to his cheeks when he says that because, truthfully, he didn't even need to say anything for Jungwon to know.

You're glowing, he said when he walked into Sunoo's apartment. Sunoo didn't even try to deny it, because he was.

He felt like he was wrapped around a million little fairy lights, burning brighter than the sun himself thanks to Heeseung. Now more than ever.

And it wasn't only because of what happened last night (and that same morning in the shower), but because he felt like they were finally being completely honest with each other. They had both been holding things back, they had both made the mistake of keeping their insecurities and their worries hidden not to worry the other person and it resulted in both of them being hurt without meaning to. But now, he felt like they were finally ready to move forward together, burying the ghosts of their past with the same shovel.

"Are you gonna help me pick an outfit for tonight or not?!" Sunoo snaps, then. It seems impossibly funny to Jungwon by the way he falls back on his bed and laughs.

"Of course, I will. What's the theme? Boyfriend look? Sweet and cute? Artsy? Hot and sexy? Borderline slutty?"

"I think it's concerning that you think I own borderline slutty clothes, Jungwon."

"Oh, I know you do. I bought them for you once. Plus, it doesn't need to look borderline slutty per se. You just have to make it work. And I know you can, babe, I've seen you out."

The thought of pulling up to the date Heeseung asked him to go with today in an outfit like that makes him have to bite his lip not to smile. He would love to do that just to see the reaction in the younger's eyes. Sunoo fears they wouldn't make it past the parking lot, though.

"He hasn't told me where he's taking me yet, so I guess I'm not sure what the theme is. But this isn't the Met Gala, I can wear whatever, right?" Jungwon sits up then to glare at him as if he just said the most offensive thing in the world. Maybe he did.

"Oh, babe. You're so wrong."

— ♤ —

Heeseung is nervous.

And perhaps he shouldn't be, considering what they've done yesterday, but still. This is the first time they're going on a proper date. Not an excuse to buy someone else a gift, not an excuse to see somebody else, no. It's just the two of them this time, and no one else.