prologue : two nerds, two hearts

BEST TO READ IN DARK MODE !!

PROLOGUE:
two nerds, two hearts

Armin wanders around the hallways by himself, searching for his childhood friends, Eren and Mikasa who vanished the moment the bell signaled their break time

Armin wanders around the hallways by himself, searching for his childhood friends, Eren and Mikasa who vanished the moment the bell signaled their break time. They're likely en route to the playground.

Unacquainted with the halls of Wall Rose Middle School, the young blond's fingertips graze the pristine beige walls as his blue eyes scan the surroundings. This moment offers him the opportunity to absorb the magnificence and familiarity of his new school that he enrolled together with his friends.

Until his fingertips felt a wooden structure. He stopped walking and looked to his raised arm. A slight opened door to another classroom is tempting him to come inside.

Out of curiosity, he took a peek inside. A few easels and canvases all over the room. Some leaned against the walls while the others are already put in frame. When Armin took a closer look, his dark blue beret bumped against the wooden door making it open.

A smell of heavy paint tickles Armin's nose from it's weird chemical tang. He almost sneezed but he managed to cover his nose to prevent any noises to come out. There could be anyone inside this room considering the door is opened slightly earlier and he doesn't wanr to alarm anyone.

He decided to walk inside, pushing the door slow and steady to keep any creaking noises from being heard. With him finally inside, his eyes scanned everywhere as he entered an art classroom; colorful paintings are hung over the walls, the canvases and easels everywhere, the paintbrushes and acrylic paints scattered on the ground.

The young blond's jaw hung opened as his blue eyes sparkle from interest and curiosity. It is his first time seeing a real art room in the flesh.

He took a few steps forward looking around the place as if he's surrounded by stars gleaming upon him until his eyes landed on a tall wooden stool. a basket of fruits on top with a little red ribbon around the brown basket.

Armin walks towards it with curious intentions wondering to himself what is a basket of fruit doing randomly inside an art room. Was it being painted by some artists and forgot it here? He ponders for a little longer and soon decides to touch the basket when,

"Excuse me? Can you move? I can't see what I'm painting."

The blond's body jolt from the sudden voice. His head snapped to his right and found a girl around his age, sitting on top of a chair. A canvas put in an easel in front of her that hid her full body from Armin's view while her hand raised in the air holding a wooden paintbrush, green paint dripping. With her head peeking out from the canvas, he can see the facial expression of the girl; furrowed eyebrows and a slight frown.