chapter two: a first in two years

CHAPTER TWO:
a first in two years

Time flew by faster than anyone had expected

Time flew by faster than anyone had expected. In a blink of an eye, it was already summer break. The end of everyone's freshman year.

It was quicker than what Armin had hoped for. Maybe because of his efforts of avoiding you at school made the school hours last as if it was only one subject.

The last time he had anything involved with you was two months ago; when he saw you flesh in the eye in the cafeteria back then, still alive and kicking well—not that he actually thought you died.

Before Armin can say anything to you that day, Bertholdt beat him to it. He asked if you knew Armin and his friends but you just walked away like it was nothing. Like he was nothing.

Ever since then he kept himself away from anything that has to do with you. Anything at all. He caught himself one time looking for you in school but not because he wants to see you. Instead, to avoid any potential interaction with you.

He kept his eyes and ears open in every corner in school incase when you're there. And whenever you are there, he just excuses himself as soon as possible even with a unreasonable excuse. He was nervous, nervous to see you, to be in your presence and he didn't know the reason for it.

Armin admitted to himself that he can't face you... yet. But why? Maybe because he thinks you're still the same Y/N back in middle school who only did nothing but compete with him or dare him up for a quarrel at class. Or maybe because of that unusual aura you carry around school. You looked too calm and civil with everything especially at him.

Whatever it is, he just can't face you. Casually atleast.

Honestly, Armin didn't have to worry. You didn't spare him even a single glance or pay attention to his presence at school. As if he was never there. You were always engrossed sticking your nose in a book or finding your classroom in the crowded hallways... just like back in middle school, you didn't care about him.

It's not that Armin is disappointed or had his hope high up that you'd walk up to him and ask of his well being during your absence in two years. Atleast that's what he wants to think.

Armin's mind wanders away with his thoughts and once again lost in reality while his walk to a certain store. He didn't even know the place is already in front of him.

Before he can open the glass doors, he caught a sight of a nearby coffee shop just across the street. He smiled and instantly thought of his two friends. A new coffee shop? That's perfect for our next hang out! I'll tell Eren about it next weekend.