chapter four: art class

CHAPTER FOUR:
art class

A week has breezed by since the sophomore year kicked off

A week has breezed by since the sophomore year kicked off. School life has settled into a comfortable rhythm – classes are running smoothly, teachers are dependable, and Armin's elective choices have secured him a spot in his desired class.

Today marks the much-anticipated beginning of Elective classes for every sophomore.

The trio splits up in the bustling hallways, each heading to their respective classrooms. Mikasa, trailing behind Eren, listens to his muttered complaints about her presence, while Armin makes his way alone, lost in his own thoughts.

While excitement buzzes in the air for most, Armin's mind is preoccupied with his own musings. But he told himself that his desire to pursue Art class is solely driven by his own personal interest not because of the influence by you.

Upon nearing the classroom in doubt, "Hey! Armin!" someone called. Armin looked behind and saw a familiar taller male. The blond smiles at the person as greeting.

"Hi. Are you on your way to your Elective?" Armin slows his pace even more for Jean to catch up to him. Jean sent him a thumbs up. "Yeah, actually. Wait, are you headed to Arts too?"

Armin nodded. "Yeah..." he chuckles nervously knowing even to himself that it's not like him to join such hobby.

Jean sent him a shock look, just like what Armin predicted. Even Eren was surprised too. He assumed Armin was going with Engineering or Computer Science. "I never strike you as someone who's into arts. No offense, I thought you'll join something brainy. Like Computer Science or Foreign languages."

Armin exchanges a smile with Jean, who expresses surprise at Armin's choice of art over "brainy" subjects. "I thought so too. But Major subjects are already brainy and a pain in the ass. Why not take advantage of the opportunity to choose subjects what interests me, right?"

"Yeah. You're right. Well, I really look forward in being your classmate, Armin!" Jean sent him a closed-eye smile which the blond returned back and they both enter the classroom.

Armin's gaze sweeps over the room. Like what he had expected, there are easels and blank canvases at the back of the room. Tools for painting and sculptures too.

His attention gets stolen by another person trying to get inside, reminding Armin that he's still standing in front of the door. He moved aside and let the person walk in.

He then looked around the small crowd of people inside the room. Some are already seated in their own chairs while some roamed around the room to probably look around.