𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘

I just wanted to go ahead and give some general warnings and information about what's going to happen in this story! You don't have to read this part if you don't want to, but it will give you a gist of what will happen in the story.

There will be plenty of shitty stuff happening in this story, along with heavy topics being mentioned, however it won't be the main focus.

_______________

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNINGS ⚠️

•Suicidal thoughts/tendencies
•Violence
•Eating disorders
•Sexual assault
•Emotional abuse
•General dark themes that have been shown in the show as well as dark things may happen if the apocalypse were to occur

I will make sure to include a note at the beginning of each chapter listing any of these themes. If I happen to forget to put a note, please let me know, and I apologize; however, I will do my best to always include it.

I won't be able to mark everything since different situations and different items can trigger someone, but might not trigger me. Just know that something might trigger you that I didn't even realize could be triggering. Leave a comment or even make a post on my account, and I will make sure to look over it again and see if I can fix the problem.

_______________

Language

There will be mature language, such as curse words, and there will be Spanish. To make it easier I may just have it when Mary speaks Spanish , it will be italicized and bold. The other characters may give her odd looks or act confused. This is because she is speaking in Spanish and they do not understand her.

_______________

Timeline

I will be following The Walking Dead Wiki Timeline in future chapters. At the top of each chapter, a day will be marked.

However, my first day (day 1) will correspond to the timeline's day 15, which is when the bombing is seen in the show. The only difference will be the numbers, but the same amount of time will be passing.

e.g. Their Day 15 jump to Day 58 will be written here as Day 1 jump to Day 38.

Does that make sense? I hope so. If not, I'm sorry, and please let me know. I'll try explaining it better :)

_______________

Age Gap

Okay so in my head Daryl is around Rick's age, and I don't know why I have it in my mind that Rick is 35/36ish in the pilot. I can't find an exact age so I'm going based off that so there will be an age gap.

Daryl's age is close to that of Norman Reedus', so theoretically he would be around 40 in season 1, but I guess I'll change that.

Mary turns 25 in the early chapters, Daryl will be 34/35, he's younger than Rick by a year. Why? I don't know, I just see Rick as his older brother.

So yes, Daryl will be roughly 10 years her senior, I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable; you can always age her up if you please. I do specify her age a few times in the beginning, but you can mentally change that.

_______________

Smut

This story will contain sexual assault scenes, when I get there it will not be explicit. It will be phrased and worded in a way that heavily implies what is happening but will never be outright graphically detailed.

Regarding smut in future chapters they will be taken seriously as well as delicately. Mary will be experiencing things that will effect her in many ways, sexually speaking she will be acting in a specific manner.

Having an intimate relationship after assault for some survivors can be one of the hardest things, but for others it's the opposite.

Sexual assault affects each person differently and when it comes to Mary she will be reacting in a way that may be different than you've either viewed it before or unfortunately for some- myself included, she may act different than the way you have.

It's a heavy topic to discuss and therefore I want to write it with as much empathy and respect as I can. When I was assaulted my experience was different than what I had seen portrayed previously in film or shows and I thought that I was wrong.

Wrong for the emotions I was feeling, or the way I reacted. There is no wrong way to cope with such a trauma, doing whatever it takes to heal yourself is important, and it's important for one to take those steps.

I've already grown to love the character Mary and I hope to do her justice in every aspect. If you feel I ever at any point do otherwise please, speak up and let me know.

_______________

Regarding OCs

Of course I have my face claim as who I imagine them to be, but you can 100% change it to whoever you want it to be. I will be describing them in the way I envision them based upon the chosen actor, but you can easily ignore them and change something like long brunette hair to a bright pink pixie cut if that's what you like.

As of right now, I am sharing four new original characters that I feel it's important for you to know now.

I also have some that are mentioned but never actually brought into the story. You will only learn about them through Mary's memories of them.

*Also, I'm aware that Phoebe Tonkin isn't hispanic / latina, and that she may be an overused OC face claim, but I've been rewatching H2O: Just Add Water, and had forgotten how much I loved her lol, so she will be the face of Mary. If it's a genuine problem then I can change it. :)

°Mary Rosales, a 25-year-old baker who is an introvert. She talks to the entire group but only considers few of them as actual friends at the beginning. She often hides behind poor attempts at humor and Helen. This whole story will be told through her eyes.

°Helen Carter, a 50-year-old woman who, along with her husband, owned the bakery where Mary works. She is essentially Mary's "mother," even though she hasn't given birth to her; she has definitely earned the title of "Mom" to the Rosales children. She's a go-to person; if you have any problems, she somehow always seems to have all the answers.

°Sylvia Rosales, the older sister to Mary by six years. She is the firstborn and was an ER nurse before everything went down. She and Mary had an on-and-off again relationship growing up, but they always had each other's backs when it came to their parents. She, alongside her brother and Abuelita, raised Mary when her parents didn't care for their existence. As the eldest, she became a protector for Anthony and Mary.

°Anthony Rosales, is her older brother by five years. He would do absolutely anything for Mary. He was a history professor and loved his job with a passion. Him and Mary are the closest despite the age gap; while Sylvia has always been the serious sibling, Anthony is the goofball and Mary the cautious one.

_______________

I believe that is all I wanted to share, but if there's anything else I will always come back and add or change it as needed.

Thank you for reading this, whether it was by accident or even if you didn't make it all the way down here, thank you. I hope you enjoyed it or at least one sentence out of everything I've written.

Also obviously I do not own The Walking Dead or anything related to The Walking Dead and AMC, I only own my characters and whatever plotlines I create:)

Apparently this needs to be added or my account and this story will be deleted