Chapter 10

We had made it to the attic; that belonged to Charlie Kelso.  We were all going to be hiding there; hopefully for the whole month.  It was freezing up in the attic; as we all stayed wrapped in the blankets the whole time; along with us wearing multiple layers of clothing. We covered the windows. 

We heard screams in the distance, coming from outside. It upset us that there was nothing we could do at that moment. We had to stay in the attic. 

I sat there, looking through my camera.  I was looking at the photos that I had captured; while we were fighting off the attackers.  These attackers had fangs, blood on their mouths, and their skin turned black ashy like at the flash of the camera.  What the fuck was this? 

Eben sat down next to me, and he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into him. 

"Baby, you doing okay?" Eben asked me. 

"Yeah I'm okay babe. I just see something odd on my camera" I said. 

"What do you see baby?" Eben asked. 

"I was using my camera flash to fight off those people. Their skin turned black from the flash" I said. 

Eben looked at the photos, and he saw exactly what I was seeing. 

"That's strange.  They also had fangs and blood on their mouths" Eben said. 

"They were feeding on grandma Helen. Their skin turns black at the sunlight, their fangs, the blood on their mouths, long fingernails; they act like vampires" Jake said. 

"Jake, vampires don't exist" I said. 

"I don't know about that Amelia. Since that's what these freaks are doing" Jake said. 

"We'll stay here for the time being.  We'll sleep in shifts and we'll ration the food. We will have to go get supplies, so we will last the month.  We can go out when it's safe" Eben said. 

Eben covered both me and him with a heavy blanket, keeping us both warm.  We still wore multiple layers of clothing. However, the heavy blanket would help out as well. 

Eben held me in his arms.  I laid my head on Eben's shoulder, and I wrapped my arm across Eben's chest. 

I was scared, but I had to be brave, for me and Eben.  Eben and I would protect each other, and the people around us.  I just hoped and prayed that we would make it out alive. 

Eben and I love each other, and we were going to be together.  We were both very excited to be together.

NOTE: More chapters are coming!

All rights for the photo (Above) go to the movie 30 Days of Night, Columbia Pictures, and Bing.com

Link for the photo:  https://dl9fvu4r30qs1.cloudfront.net/52/61/6103f7864be7bd674517dd7b629c/josh-hartnett-30-days-of-night.jpg