I'm So In Love With You

NOORI MALIK
"This is amazing, Noori! This will help young readers get closer to their faiths," he exclaimed, going through the edited version of my drafts, and muttered a stunned "No way."

Yes. No way. No way I'm in love with you. I mean you're good but I never thought I'd fall in love. I've always believed it will be my weakness if I love someone. And I already know it is. Especially for you.

"Noori!"
I startled.
What now? Now I'm so in love with you that you can hear what I think?
"Umm...you...your..."
I immediately shove my eyes to look at the ground and not his addictive face. Now I'm so in love with you that I didn't even realize my eyes were on you.
Oh God, this is gonna be awkward.

He moves away to avoid the fact that I just stared at him like I'm some crazy woman planning on marrying him.

Which is true. Of course it is.

He goes over to see the spectacular looking view of his windows. It was beautiful, indeed. The flowers were blooming in the sun and the greenery was blossoming.
Just like his beautiful green eyes.

How am I not freaking out yet. Oh right, this is embarrassing.

Wow. Now I'm so in love with you that I forgot that I did something embarrassing and I need to cover that up. Ya Allah!

"Umm...I'm - I'm sorry- I" I try. But he doesn't let me get further.

God, Noori, you're such an embarrassment.

"It's...okay. You can leave if you wish to." Hold up. Hold. Up.

No. There's no way.

Is he trying to hide a smile?
Oh my God, Astagfirullah! Eyes on the floor, Noori. Now!

I look down again. Can the world please swallow me up right now?

"I-I'll finish another draft and give it to you tomorrow-"

"Can I come to your house?" He's still there, watching the scenery.

"What?" Every word I utter now, is embarrassing. I'm face-palming so hard inside, it's as I just slapped myself right now.

"Can I come to your house?" He repeats. "Is 5:30 p.m. okay with you?" He adds.

Anything you with you would be perfect.
Shut up!

"Yeah...sure. I'll ask my dad and...let you know."

"Actually do you have friends we can go with? To a restaurant?" He included.

Friends? I have a whole found family.

A found family who knows about all the things I love about love. And now they're going to know the fact that I'm so in love with you. Oh great. I'm so in love with you that I can only think of you to talk about.

Sarah will be the only choice. All the others are males, who respect the fact that I can't look at them. I always feel like a pain or stress in my chest go down when I think of them.

"Yeah, I have a fru-friend. I'll ask if she'll be available and...I'll inform you."

He giggles. For the 20th time today.

Wait- did I just count how many times he chuckled in his cute little deep voice on my stutters? If I did then I think I need to get checked. Ya phir ek pagal khane mein jana chahiya.

Or I should go to a mental hospital.

"Ok. Allah Hafiz."
"Allah Hafiz."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆