Enemity

Vikram's POV:

"Can you shut up for a second?" I snapped, my patience wearing thin with her incessant chatter.

"Why would I? Are you scared I'll reveal your real identity?" Paridhi challenged, her tone daring.

I couldn't help but smirk at her audacity.

"What? Why are you smirking? I'm serious," Paridhi demanded, her eyes narrowing.

I met her gaze evenly. "Go ahead. But consider this: what if I were to reveal your darkest secrets? Imagine how your parents would react. So, it's in your best interest to mind your own business," I declared confidently.

Paridhi's expression hardened as she swiftly produced a knife from her boot, pressing it against my neck.

"If you ever try to reveal anything, I will not spare you," she warned, the blade drawing blood.

I chuckled, refusing to show any fear. "I'm not scared of some toy," I scoffed.

Paridhi's smirk only grew wider as she applied pressure with the knife, causing blood to trickle down my neck.

"Do you really think it's a toy?" she taunted, her eyes gleaming with menace.

As Paridhi's words sank in, a cold shiver ran down my spine. I realized then that she wasn't bluffing; the knife against my skin was all too real.

Gritting my teeth, I forced myself to remain composed. "Fine, you've made your point," I admitted, trying to keep my voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Paridhi released me, withdrawing the knife with a smug smirk. "Remember this moment, Vikram. Crossing me will only lead to more pain," she warned before disappearing into the shadows, leaving me to contemplate her ominous words.

As the adrenaline rush subsided, I couldn't shake the feeling of vulnerability that lingered. Paridhi's threat echoed in my mind, serving as a chilling reminder of the dangerous game we were both playing. But I refused to back down. No matter what it took, I was determined to come out on top.

Paridhi's POV:

With a swift, practiced motion, I wiped the blood from the blade of my knife, relishing the buzz of adrenaline coursing through my veins. Vikram's unexpected defiance only fueled my determination to assert dominance.

As the blade gleamed clean, a smirk danced across my lips. His challenge excited me; he would learn to respect my authority. I wasn't one to be trifled with, and I'd ensure he understood that.

The crimson stain on the blade served as a reminder of my power. Vikram's arrogance would be his undoing, and I'd revel in his downfall. No one crossed me and emerged unscathed.

With a satisfied sigh, I sheathed the knife, tucking it back into its hiding place in my boot. The encounter with Vikram only strengthened my resolve, fueling my determination to dominate this perilous game.

Lost in my triumph, I was suddenly interrupted by Vani's voice, pulling me back to reality.

"Where did you go? I was searching for you at the fest," Vani said, concern evident in her voice.

"Oh, I was in the library, needed some me time, but it was spoiled. Let's forget about it and grab some food. I'm starving," I replied, cutting off any further questions.

"Yes, let's go," Vani said, falling into step beside me.

As we walked towards the food stalls, Vani shot me a curious glance, her brow furrowed with concern. I could tell she wanted to ask about my time in the library, about what had happened to sour my mood, but she held her tongue, respecting my silence.