Call

Singhania's Mansion

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

"What was that, Vikram?" Rudraksh Singhania's voice cut through the tension-filled air, his stern eyes fixed on his son.

Vikram, lounging casually on the sofa, barely glanced up. "What did I do now, out of nowhere?" he replied, his tone dripping with disinterest.

Rudraksh's expression hardened. "Is this how you talk to your father?" he demanded.

Vikram's eyes finally met his father's, a cold fire burning in them. "Yes, this is how I talk to you. Because you don't deserve respect, Mr. Singhania," he shot back, each word a sharp dagger of defiance.

Rudraksh's face twisted with anger. "Dhriti, ask your son why he was so friendly with the Shekhawat girl," he snapped, turning to his wife.

Dhriti sighed, her eyes flicking between her husband and son. "Vikram, why were you talking so much to Paridhi Shekhawat tonight?" she asked gently, hoping to defuse the situation.

Vikram rolled his eyes. "Seriously? You're grilling me because I talked to someone at a party?" He shook his head, exasperated. "It was nothing, just a conversation."

"Nothing?" Rudraksh's voice rose. "Their family is our enemy. We don't mingle with the Shekhawats."

Vikram stood up, facing his father with a steely resolve. "Times change, Father. Maybe it's time we did too. And for the record, I talked to her because I felt like it. Not everything is about this ancient rivalry."

Rudraksh stepped closer, his eyes blazing. "You think you're so smart, don't you? But let me tell you, Vikram, this alliance with the Raos is critical. We can't afford any missteps."

Vikram clenched his fists, struggling to keep his temper in check. "I know what's at stake. But treating people like pawns in your game isn't the answer."

Dhriti placed a calming hand on Rudraksh's arm. "Rudraksh, please. Let's not make this worse. Vikram, we just want to understand."

Vikram sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Look, I get it. You don't trust them. But that doesn't mean we can't be civil. Paridhi's just... different. I can't explain it, but I think there's more to this than you see."

Rudraksh shook his head, frustration evident. "Just remember, Vikram, actions have consequences. Don't let your feelings cloud your judgment."

Vikram nodded, though his father's words did little to change his perspective. As he turned to leave the room, he caught Dhriti's worried gaze. He gave her a reassuring smile, hoping to ease her concerns.

As Vikram walked away, Rudraksh and Dhriti exchanged a look. The tension in the house was palpable, and it was clear that the rift between father and son was growing wider.

Dhriti sighed softly. "Rudraksh, maybe we should give him a chance to prove himself. He's not a child anymore."

Rudraksh's jaw tightened, but he nodded slowly. "Maybe. But I won't tolerate any threats to this family. Not from the Shekhawats, and certainly not from our own son."

The words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of unspoken fears and unresolved conflicts. As the night deepened, the Singhania mansion remained a battleground, not just against their rivals, but within their own walls.

Vikram's P.O.V

I stormed out of the house, my father's words echoing in my head. The need to escape the suffocating tension inside was overwhelming. I got into my car, gripping the steering wheel tightly, and drove off into the night. The city lights blurred past me as I pushed the car faster, trying to outrun the turmoil within.