The lover and the family

Tw! Cannibalism
Shadow's POV

I paced the dining hall, growing only more stressed and concerned by the minute.

Not only was I worrying about the premonition, now I was worrying about my lover.

I had been reported that Sonic had gone off with a group this morning, and hadn't come back.
They said that Rouge was in the group and reported that they were off to go do a little task but I wasn't aware of any planned task that day.

"Shadow, he'll come back, don't worry..." Said Vanilla, placing a hand on my arm.

"But what if he doesn't? What if he's captured and tortured or killed?" I yelped.

"Shadow, you must stay calm. You are a leader, you must stay calm for your people." Said Silver.

"Yeah, but this is my dumbass of a lover we're talking about!" I groaned, sitting down in my chair.

Suddenly Charmy ran in with Cream.

"They're back!" Charmy said.

We immediately jumped to our feet and rushed outside.
A horse drawn cart was rolling into town with Mighty and Knuckles on the seat. He pulled on the reins and it stopped.

Rouge jumped out and helped Honey and Sally out.

Then Kit hopped out with Tails, and finally my heart leapt as Sonic got out.

"SONIC!" I yelled.

I ran at him and scooped him up into my arms and starting kissing him all over his face.

"Woah! Shad! Pft, I wasn't gone that long!" He giggled.

"Yet you nearly gave me a heart attack." I sighed, holding him close.

"Sorry, sweetheart..." He said, kissing me on the cheek.

"So this is Shadow?" Asked a voice I didn't recognize.

I looked up and four mobians I didn't recognize stood there.

One was a tall and lean hedgehog, one was a tall ginger mouse, one was a young white cat, one was large purple cat with a frog on his head, and one was a lively looking female lemur.

"Who are you?" I asked, letting go of Sonic and standing up straight.

"Shadow, meet my childhood friends and family!" Chirped Sonic.

He ran up to the lemur and the cat.

"This is Big and Tangle, and that's Froggy!" Said Sonic.

"And these are my siblings, my older brother, Metal."

Metal narrowed his eyes at me, a slight scowl on his face.

"And these are my godsisters, My older sister, Belle and my little sister, Sage." Sonic said.

"It's nice to meet Sonic's lover, although...we haven't seen him in ages." Chuckled Belle nervously, holding out her hand to me for a shake.

"Charmed." I said, shaking her hand.

"We were in Mariner's Bay, raiding a warehouse when we ran into Sonic's brother, here." Said Rouge.

I nodded.
At least now I knew where they had been.

Metal looked around, clearly observing the town.

"I suppose there is a place we can all chat? I would like to get to know the man my brother is in love with better." Said Metal, his gaze returning to me, cold and serious.

"Yes, our home is right this way." I said.

——————————————

I sat on the couch next to Sonic, and his family and two friends sat on the other across from it.