The warning

Third Person POV

Bloodhaven continued to be alive with activity, as everyone prepared to leave.

Part of the village was packed and now most of them were handling supplies.

"So, yours and Sonic's anniversary is tomorrow?" Asked Metal who was sitting next to Shadow.

"Yes, and I had something special planned for that night but I don't know if I'll be able to do it with all the preparations to leave." Shadow sighed.

"Don't worry, Shadow. You can always make up for anniversaries another day. I remember the time I accidentally missed mine and Amy's anniversary since we were on that long trip that stretched on longer than it should have." Said Blaze.

"Yes but it just won't be the same." Shadow groaned.

"Shadow, which cart are we keeping spices in?" Asked Vanilla, carrying a small crate.

"Over there." Said Shadow.

Vanilla took her crate over to one of the wagons.

Silver approached the group, with Espio at his side.

"Silver, have you figured out any else on the night they attack?" Shadow asked.

"Unfortunately no. But it is smart to leave as soon as possible." Said the witch.

Shadow nodded but then he heard shouting.

He turned and saw a recruit running towards him.

"Leader Shadow! Sir! An intruder just got in!" They said.

"What?" Barked Shadow.

He pulled up his hood and then followed after the recruit towards the front of Bloodhaven where a bunch of recruits were gathered.

Shadow saw the intruder and immediately pulled out his pistol and pointed it at their skull.

"State your name! Why are you here? Start talking before I blow in your skull!" Snarled Shadow.

The intruder whimpered and cowered.

They were a red and grey wolf with golden eyes and black glasses. They had a red and white scarf wrapped around their neck and clothes that a seemed like a noble would wear.

"I-I-I mean no harm! I-I-I'm one of you!" They whimpered.

Amy and Blaze came up and suddenly moved.

"Wait! Drop your weapons! They're one of us! They're not lying!" She said.

Shadow lowered his gun as Amy helped the wolf to their feet.

He stared at her then his eyes widened.

"Y-you're like me!" He said.

She smiled and removed her scarf that covered her bite.
He gasped and removed his scarf. He had a similar bite mark on his next.

"He's an inactive vampire." Mumbled Blaze.

"I-I-I haven't actually met another vampire that doesn't hate me!" He said, his smile weak yet happy.

"So, what are you doing here?" Shadow asked.

"Right, I've come to warn you all!" Said the wolf.

"And you are?" Asked Sonic, who was now part of the group.

"M-My name is Gadget Wolfrin. I was to take on the name, Gadget Jackal but unfortunately I am sad to say I will not be getting married." He said, his face falling.

"Please come, we can talk in the dining hall." Said Blaze, leading Gadget towards the dining hall.

They walked towards the dining hall and the rest of the leaders followed.

Once they were all sat near Shadow's chair, Gadget with a cup of tea.

"So what do you have to tell us?" Asked Silver.

"I-I have come to warn you of an attack." Said Gadget.

"We know of this attack, we're preparing to leave soon. But...we don't know the night it's happening." Said Shadow. "Our oracle here, Silver, had a premonition."

Gadget nodded, his hands were shaking.

"I-I came to warn you, because I fear...my fiancé will be one of them to attack." Said Gadget.
"M-my fiancé, Infinite Jackal, is a hunter...a vampire hunter."

Amy gasped and tears formed in her eyes.

"And you're a-"

"I was bitten not so long ago, and now...I have become the thing my lover kills." Gadget said, a single tear running down his cheek and dropping into his tea.

"But, I refuse to see innocents like most of you slaughtered. I refuse to see people like me killed and I not raise a word. I know the night it's happening and who is behind the attack."

"When?" Asked Shadow.

"T-tomorrow night..." Said Gadget.
"I tried to get here sooner, I swear! But I had to run away so far and It was so hard to locate Bloodhaven."

"Tomorrow night? But that's...that's-" Sonic mumbled, but then his lover interrupted him.

"The night of the new moon. The night Sonic can't fight back as well, the night Silver's powers aren't heightened, the night they're planning to burn Bloodhaven to the ground..." Said Shadow, his voice hollow and distant.

"And there's these people behind it. They're crazy. They call themselves the Cult of the Immortal Eye." Said Gadget. "They're lead by this one they call, the 'Supreme Leader'"

"The supreme leader? I don't remember that name mentioned in my cult days." Said Shadow. "Vanilla, Cream?"

"I don't know who that is either!" Said Cream.

"I...feel like I heard it once or twice." Mumbled Vanilla. "A leader, about the council of elders. One who possessed powers, and strikes fear in any heart. One without a soul..."

"That sounds horrifying." Said Knuckles.

"Whatever or whoever they are, they're coming tomorrow night. We gotta speed up packing!" Said Shadow, standing up.

He turned to the vampire wolf.

"Thank you, Gadget. I know it may be hard to leave your fiancé, but you may join us in Bloodhaven. We are relocating to Emerald Isles. You will be safe and fed, and accepted as one of us" he said.

"Thank you." Said Gadget.

They started to leave and Sonic grabbed Shadow's hand.

"Stuff never goes our way, does it my love? I guess we'll have to celebrate our anniversary another day..." Sighed Sonic.

"It's alright. I at least want to do one thing that night." Shadow said softly.

Oh how sweet, yet the two lovers weren't prepared for disaster....

—————————————