The Clown

After heading into the sewers, and maneuvering the labyrinth below, Batman and Silver Mane found a group of Black Mask's men, seemed like Roman added some martial artists to his payroll. Didn't matter much since the two vigilantes made quick work of them. 

Pressing forward, they arrived at the underground server room. "Master Bruce, you are directly beneath the GCPD. The telecom wires should be right under your nose." Alfred chimed in as Sylas linked himself to the servers and began cross-referencing the DNA analysis.

"Alfred, can you send over the Lacey Towers case files?" "Right away, sir."

An image of Roman Sionis wearing his white suit appeared on their hologram feed. "This photo is from the day of the murder. It's a perfect match." Batman stated cross-referencing the image with the piece of clothing Sylas found at the crime scene.

"The DNA tells more of the story..." "But here's something the police overlooked: Roman Sionis owns Gotham Merchants Bank... and he installed biometric security only he could access." Sylas stated. 

Sylas then contacted Alfred. "I believe I know what happened: By now, Gotham P.D. thinks Roman Sionis is dead - the casualty of a turf war. Murdered by The Penguin. But that's not it. Someone spooked Sionis' girlfriend. So he sent her to his safe house - which was anything but safe. Sionis showed up later, ready for trouble -  and found it or so it seemed. Roman's always been paranoid. It's probably why he lasted this long. He sent in a decoy... giving himself the element of surprise... but it wasn't enough. There was a fight, and Roman lost. The Killer didn't hesitate to shoot the decoy, but he wanted Roman alive - to access the cash stored at the Gotham Merchants Bank. With Sionis under control, all that remained was to tie up loose ends. But it wasn't the fire that killed Sionis' girlfriend. What kind of monster forces a man to kill the ones he loves..?" Sylas's story checks out. Then it seemed that the two of them came to the same conclusion.

"The Joker." "He's the shadow we've been chasing." "And now we know where we're going - Gotham Merchant's Bank." The two agreed and quickly left the sewer and headed towards Gotham Merchant's Bank.

As they trekked through the city, Alfred chimed in. "It's midnight, sirs. Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas." A warmth pulse in Sylas's chest. "You too." Batman replied. " Merry Christmas to you both."

Once there, the two infiltrated the bank, only to find bodies everywhere. The sunk into a vent directly above the main vault. They exploded the floor and dropped down onto the vault. 

They were surrounded by Sionis' men, their guns trained on the two Vigilantes. They had a hostage. A woman, probably the bank manager. Sionis was there, too.

"Think you can just waltz on into my bank, huh?" Black Mask questioned. "Roman. I'm here for the Joker." Batman stated.

"The Joker? Never heard of him." He said as he walked over to the manager and pointed a gun to her head. "How 'bout you, doll? Know the Joker?" He asked. She has a creepy smile. "The who?" She said with a small laugh. "I'm not liking this." Sylas whispered to Batman. Then, one of Black Mask's men came out with another hostage, wearing the same white suit and a sack over his head. "And you, sir? Name Joker ring a bell?" Black mask asked, taking off the sack revealing Roman Sionis. The other Black Mask tore off a strip of tape covering Roman's mouth.

"You sunova bitch! You think you can steal from me and get away with it?" The other Black Mask was getting visibly upset. "You're a dead man! Dead!" 

SMACK! The other Black Mask struck Roman with his gun. Can't... you just... play... along!?" He shouted as he smacked Roman with the gun in-between each word. Finally kicking him to the floor as the manager began to laugh hysterically. "You're Insane!" She said in-between her manic laughter, her laugh growing bigger and wider. The other Black Mask continued to kick Roman until he got tired and made his men drag him into a nearby ambulance they were using as a getaway vehicle. The woman continued to laugh. The other Black Mask took off his mask, revealing a pale white sharp face, with wild green hair, black eyeshadow, and a grotesque smile painted in red lipstick, making a larger smile. Making him look like a terrifying clown.