24.3

I wasn't sure if it was just me who had heard the shots but a minute had passed and no one had reacted as I expected.

"Am I tripping or-"

"Don't worry, They're from outside." Shayla's 'friend' answered me. "It would be smart if you didn't go out though."

"Yeah, that was the reason we didn't leave that room." Marlon said, taking a seat in an old armchair

"Were you thinking of leaving me alone?" I asked indignantly.

"I thought you were in the car!" He argued.

"Like thats more safe." I rolled my eyes. "Lets just go."

I said walking towards the exit, when a familiar voice spoke. "The party is just getting started." Mateo told me. "the host and his special guests." He said while pointing to the door through which I was going to leave a few minutes ago.  "and once they are here it is extremely rude to leave."

Following that, four armed men entered the house, through the door you could see multiple luxurious trucks. From one of them a robust man in a pink suit and a chain that appeared to be gold around his neck got out.
"¡Llegó por quien lloraban, hijos de perra!" He shouted and everyone started shouting and jumping with excitement.

My reaction was to look at Shayla's, who was smirking, watching the people come to life; she loves a good party.

Multiple people came into the house after pink suit, holding bottles of patron. Godamn

Music was getting louder, the house was full and the amount of white powder on the tables was growing, Marlon was suddenly standing from the couch and drinking a shot that came from God knows where and maybe the effect of the weed I had was running out because I was sober than ever and wanting to get the fuck out of here.

"At least wait a little bit here before you decide to leave." Mateo said. "Besides your friends don't seem like they want to go." He pointed at them, Shayla dancing with her friend and Marlon talking and aparently flirting with a random girl.

When the fu-

I rolled my eyes in frustration and decided to swallow my pride and message Luka.

Hey baby, You still here?

three seconds later he was writing back.

Yeah.

I fucking hate apologizing but it has to be done.

I'm sorry
You were right
can You come get me? 

Please say yes

you in the living room?
I'll be there, don't move.

Finally i'm out this fucking house!

I put my phone in my pocket and prepared to wait for Luka when the man in the pink suit came up to talk to Mateo. "And where the fuck have you been?!" He said- no screamed and hollered. "And who is this and why are you holding her from me?" He looked at me up and down.

A chill ran down my spine and my face involuntarily frowned in disgust.

Mateo just chuckled and said. "I been working and She's... A Bad idea, boss."

"Cat got your  tongue, sweetheart?" He asked me.

"I have nothing to say to you." I raised my eyebrow.

"You know what? I think I know what you need." He said looking through his blazer's pocket. "Here!" He handed me a pill.

I looked over at Mateo, who was standing besides the man mouthing 'take it!'

I didn't want to find out what happens if I say no to this man, especially when he has a gun on his hip, so took it and said. "Thank you." With a forced smile.

Why is he still here...

"Well, try it!" He exclaimed. I looked at Mateo for help but he was just urging me with his eyes to do it.

Here goes nothing

I put the pill in my mouth not swallowing of course and put my thumps up but he was still here.

He was looking at me in a weird way, like he knew I didn't want to be here. "Swallow it." He demanded.

"Toño..." Mateo said but he put his hand up gesturing for him to shut up.

I was starting to get scared, so I swallowed the pill. Please God, don't let me die tonight.

"Open your mouth." He wasn't laughing or even smiling anymore, so I did as I was told.

When he saw my mouth a satisfied grin made his way in his face, he let out a chuckle and said. "Don't worry sweetheart, it's just a little something for you to have fun tonight! Mateo, take care of your girl." And just like that, he walked away.

"What the fuck was that?!" I asked Mateo, about to have a panic attack.

He grabbed me by my shoulders to calm me down. "Hey! It's just moxy, okay? We're just going to the bathroom you're going to throw up and done."

"And if I don't?!"

"If You don't then... It's just moxy, you're going to feel a little bit funny and it will be over alright? Just don't drink anything ." He said leading me to the bathroom.

I felt my heart thump in my ears... I couldn't breathe well and my vision was starting to be cloudy because of the tears.

"okay, you need to calm down because if not you're going to make the pill act faster and you won't be able to throw it up." Mateo's voice was starting to feel far from whe I was bit I could feel his hands touching me.

I squatted on the floor and kept my head between my knees because that was the only thing I could think of to calm myself down.

My beating heart gradually calmed down and that was when the noise around me began to make sense, There were no voices, only music invaded my ears and emptied my head of all thoughts.

My eyes that were closed tightly opened and met the worried face of Mateo, who moved his lips but only music came out of his mouth.

"Milan!" He shook my shoulders. "Are you okay?!" His voice sounded slow and thick.

"I don't know." There was a strange sensation running through my body, a great wave of sound that reached my fingertips. "There's music coming out of my fingers!"

I could even taste it and it felt so damn good, everything was calmer than before, I wasn't feeling control over my body but it didn't feel bad; I felt happier this way, maybe the pink suit guy was right this was the feeling that I needed all along.

I was floating, seeing everything outside of my body's perspective. I was feeling more free than I ever felt before, my body no longer holding me down, I was light, I was cleaner and I felt euphoric.