Depression?!

pov: Albus

I said to Gellert that I would put on something more comfortable and follow him. He agreed and went to his room. I hurried, because I knew how much he hated being kept waiting. When I got to his door, I knocked politely and waited for him to come in. I go in and find Gellert on the bed again. ''You didn't keep me waiting long, my dear Albus. ''I know how much you hate it.'' ''That's true. I can't stand being kept waiting at all.'' ''So what are you up to?'' ''I don't really know. We can do truth or dare or just talk. Whichever you prefer.'' ''Let's just talk.'' ''As you wish. What have you been doing all these years, Albus?" ''I was bored. After you were out of my life, life felt gray and bland. My brother didn't make it any better. He blamed me for everything since the day Ariane died. As I grew older, I found refuge at Hogwarts. I knew Aberforth would never want to return to that place. Still, I spent my time alone. No one could inspire me with their topics of conversation. They were all so boring. That's why Herbert struck my humor, because it was really you. I could have thought of everything but I wasn't in the mode of using my brain. Even when I woke up here I thought it was Herbert.'' ''Your brain was rusty. After all, you hardly need your brain for the other teachers and the students.'' ''And what have you been doing all this time?'' ''After I left Godric's Hallow, I immediately set off for Germany. I was looking for the Elder Wand and, as you already know, I was successful. After that, I went back to Austria and built Nurmengard Castle in a remote place and engraved the slogan ''For the Greater Good'' at the entrance. I started to make plans against the Ministry of Magic. I started looking for followers. When I had a suitable number, I went to America. I disguised myself and looked for a wizard. Unfortunately, I was not so successful there. I was arrested because of this zoologist. However, I took the arrest lightly. I knew that Abernathy would turn away and be willing to help me escape. I successfully escaped and went back to Austria. There I planned my next steps, including kidnapping you.'' ''You've definitely experienced more than I have.'' ''Definitely,'' Gellert got up and went to the wardrobe. He takes out his sleeping clothes and starts to change. When he had nothing on at the top, I noticed something on his back. It looks like a fresh scar. Where did he get it? ''Gellert?'' ''Mhm?'' ''Where did you get the fresh scar?'' I ask cautiously. He flinches briefly in surprise. ''I didn't think you'd notice.'' ''Gellert, please tell me where you got the new scar. Who did it?'' '''I...''' ''You?''' ''I don't know.''' ''How do you not know?'' ''I don't know if someone gave me this scar. It's also possible that I inflicted it on myself.'' I looked at him in shock. He doesn't scratch himself, does he? ''You don't scratch yourself, do you?'' ''I don't know, Albus. I don't even know if the other scars I have are from my parents or not.'' Now he's confusing me. How can you not know something like that? ''How can you not know that? You can feel it or are you in such a trance that you don't realize it?" ''They're just there the next morning! Scars have been appearing all my life. I don't know how, where, who or why it happens.'' ''Everything points to you inflicting the scars on yourself.'' ''That can't be.'' ''I suppose it can be. No one would dare disturb you in the night.'' ''I would never hurt myself.'' ''I disagree with you Gellert. Please stop talking yourself out of it. It was you yourself it seems.'' '''Now that I think about it, you might be right. They've been popping up since I was a kid. However, it stopped when I met you. It only started again after Ariane died and you didn't want to know something about me anymore.'' ''Gellert, I think you have a slight depression that only occurs at night when you sleep. ''But I don't have anything in my room that could cause wounds. ''Yes, you do. Your wand and the feather. With enough power, the feather can be more dangerous than you think and, above all, sharper.'' I can tell that the whole subject makes him uncomfortable. He's put on his sleeping clothes faster and faster because of this topic of conversation. ''I could try to help you. But you'll have to want to.'' ''No, Albus.'' ''But you will need support from the outside.'' ''This is NOT a depression! Can we change the subject?'' He avoided my gaze and sat back down at a distance from me. It's the first time I've seen him like this. He's never usually uncomfortable. There's an awkward silence between us until I finally break it. ''Shall we play truth or dare?'' I ask him cautiously and look at him. He nods in agreement. I start the game. It goes on like this for a while. Gellert's mood got better and better from time to time. I'm glad he's feeling better. We lost track of time and didn't even realize that it was already late at night. When we finally stopped, I looked out of the window. It was a starry night and you could hear the crickets. It would be a shame if this world really was destroyed by Muggle hands. I startle slightly as I feel something on my shoulder. I looked to my side and instantly turned red. Gellert rests his head on my shoulder, eyes tightly closed. ''Gellert?'' I ask quietly but receive no answer. He fell asleep on my shoulder? I watch his sleeping form for a while. A little hesitantly, I gently stroke his platinum blonde hair. A smile crept onto Gellert's lips at the touch. He must have had a horrible childhood. I carefully lie down with him. Then I closed my eyes too and fell asleep.

Words: 1034