007 a haunted house with a picket fence

CHAPTER SEVEN:A HAUNTED HOUSE WITH A PICKET FENCE

CHAPTER SEVEN:
A HAUNTED HOUSE WITH A PICKET FENCE

🤍🥀

LIZ DIDN'T SLEEP. She kept her eyes on Max all night. The group had decided to take turns keeping an eye on Max throughout the night to ensure what happened at the cemetery wouldn't happen again. Despite that, Liz stayed up the entire night and watched Max. Everyone had tried to get her to sleep but Liz refused. She stayed up, keeping her eyes on the redhead. Liz enjoyed watching her sleep. Max looked so peaceful when she was asleep. It made Liz miss all the sleepovers they used to have before they had broken up. They would cuddle the entire night and fall asleep in each other's arms. Liz had never been more comfortable than when she was in Max's arms.

Around five o'clock in the morning, it was Dustin's turn to watch Max. Liz was awake, of course, but struggling to stay awake. Dustin had somehow persuaded her to go to sleep. Liz had argued it for nearly a half hour but Dustin was persistent, promising he would wake Liz immediately if anything happened. He told Liz if she was going to protect Max, she needed to get some sleep, so Liz fell asleep on the floor beside Max.

When Liz finally woke up a few hours later, Dustin was asleep and Max was missing. Liz had woken up due to Eddie talking through the walkie-talkie, trying to get Dustin's attention. Liz didn't even have to open her eyes to notice that Max wasn't beside her anymore. Liz sat up quickly and looked around the room, whipping her head back and forth as she searched for any sign of the redhead. When Liz couldn't find her, she stood up, her heart racing as she pushed Dustin over, making him hit his head on the side table.

Nancy, who had been talking to Eddie on the walkie-talkie, whipped her head around, her eyes wide as she stared at Liz, "Liz!"

"Where's Max?" Liz yelled as Dustin as Dustin groaned in pain and rubbed his head. Liz didn't feel an ounce of guilt as she was too worried about Max.

Dustin rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, "What?"

"You're supposed to be on Max watch!" Liz yelled. Dustin's eyes widened as he looked around, not seeing Max. "You told me to go to sleep! You promised to stay awake and wake me if something happened!"

"Shit, shit, shit..."

"Dustin!" Nancy scolded.

"She was right there," Dustin pointed to the spot Max had been sleeping in, which was very empty now. "A second ago... Shit, I swear, I just dozed off for..." Dustin checked his watch and his eyes widened. "An hour."

Liz rushed upstairs with Nancy and Dustin as Dustin tried apologizing profusely. Liz sighed in relief upon seeing Max sitting at the kitchen table, drawing with Holly Wheeler. Liz immediately rushed to the table as Karen Wheeler said good morning to everyone. Liz sat beside Max who was still listening to Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God). Liz could hear it echoing out of her headphones as she sat down. Liz looked at the strange drawings Max was creating. It was all red and black and almost looked to be pieces of something.