Chapter 20: Missing

Wednesday's POV

As the door swung open, revealing the solemn faces of them, a knot of apprehension tightened in my chest. Yoko, Kent, and Bianca emerged from the room, their expressions somber and downcast, echoing the heaviness that weighed upon my own heart.

I leaned forward, my eyes searching their faces for any sign of hope amidst the uncertainty.

"Did you find anything?" I asked, my voice tinged with a mixture of fear and desperation. The words hung heavy in the air, lingering like a dark cloud over our heads, as we awaited their response.

They exchanged glances, their movements slow and deliberate, as if weighed down by the gravity of the situation. Then, in unison, they shook their heads, their gestures mirroring the disappointment etched on their faces.

"No," Yoko replied, her voice barely above a whisper. "There's no sign or any clues anywhere in the room."

A sense of helplessness washed over me, a feeling of dread settling like a lead weight in the pit of my stomach.

"We can't give up," I said, my voice firm despite the tremor of doubt that lingered within me. "We have to keep searching until we find something"

Yoko nodded in agreement, her eyes blazing with determination. "We'll comb every inch of this school if we have to," she declared, her voice steady with resolve. "We won't stop until we bring Enid back safe and sound."

"But where do we look? we already searched every inch of this dorm" Divina asked.

My brows furrowed in frustration as I glanced around the dimly lit room, my mind racing with possibilities. Enid is missing, and time is essential. But relying solely on a picture of me won't lead us to her.

God where are you Enid...

I could feel my hand trembling uncontrollably, the adrenaline coursing through my veins as I fought to keep my composure.

Yoko's touch enveloped mine, her warm fingers intertwining with mine in a gesture of reassurance.

"We will find her okay?" her voice was full of solace.

I acknowledged her with a quick nod, a silent agreement passing between us as I fought to maintain my composure amidst the rising tide of panic and fear. Taking a deep breath, I steadied my trembling hands, my mind racing as I scrambled to formulate a plan.

"Alright," I said, my voice steadier than I felt, "we need to split up." the words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of their implications. It was a risky strategy, fraught with uncertainty and danger, but it was our best chance at finding her.

"There's a chance he may have taken her off school" I mused aloud, casting a meaningful glance at Bianca and Kent, and Divina. "To be certain, you guys should comb through the school for any potential leads."

They nodded in agreement, their expressions determined as they prepared to scour the immediate surroundings for any sign of Enid's whereabouts.

"Meanwhile," I continued, turning to Yoko, "you and I will venture into the forest. If he's hiding her nearby, that's where we're likely to find her."

Yoko's resolve mirrored my own as she nodded in understanding. Relief flooded through me as I glanced at them.

"Alright let's find her."
       ______________________________

Enid's POV

I woke up to a dimly lit room, my head pounding and my vision blurred. As I struggled to sit up being tied up, I felt a pair of eyes boring into me, their intensity sending a shiver down my spine. It was Ajax, his gaze cold and calculating as he watched me with an unsettling intensity.