Chapter 3

Christy's POV
-/-/-
The man shoved us into the back of his car and started driving away.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?!" Jessie screamed through tears of pain.

"Shut up. You're too drunk." He said. Fireworks were about to explode from Jessie but she just shut her mouth out of fear.

We arrived later at a house the size of a mansion, but we knew it was a house of horrors.

"Give me your phones... NOW!" He screamed at us. He took our phones and smashed them with a hammer. This guy was a complete psycho.
-/-/-
Rhett's POV
-/-/-
I lay awake in bed that night, not sleeping a wink. They could kill Jessie. They could honestly do anything to her.

I didn't tell Locke and Shephard anything. But they did find out.

We were at Walmart, and Locke was looking at the 'missing' board.

He saw one that said "Jessie McLaughlin." and called my name.

Later that night I explained it to him.

He cried and cried and I was on the verge of it too.

I looked at the clock. "4:28AM" my eyes hadn't shut more that just to blink. Jessie was my butterfly, she promised never to fly away.

I tossed and turned until about 7:30. When my alarm went off I got up and went to work. I was just scared the beasts would think that we weren't as stupid and weird as usual.
-/-/-
Later
-/-/-
Link and I walked into police station. Today, we had questioning.

The man took me in first. I just hope it's the good kind, I don't want to treated like a suspect.

He probably wouldn't, he looked like he was much younger than us, new to his job, and has two little daughters and a wife.

"Okay, what is your name and how are you related to the case?" Officer Quinn asked me.

"My name is Rhett McLaughlin and I'm the husband of Jessie McLaughlin."I said.

"Do you have proof of your marriage?" He asked.

I pulled a piece of paper out of my backpack; our marriage license and handed it to the officer.

He looked at it and handed it back to me.

He questioned me for a while longer.

"We'll do the best we can to fun her Mr. McLaughlin. If anything happened to My wife, Abigail, or my two daughters, Rileigh or MaKayleigh, I don't know what'd I'd do." He said to me, I guess my prediction was right.

I left to go get Link, like he told me to.
-/-/-
Normal POV
-/-/-
Rhett sat on his phone, checking Facebook and Twitter when Link came out of the hospital in tears.

They shot out of his chair to his friend.

"Link, whats wrong?" Rhett asked rhetorically.

Link sat down in a chair, "She was m-my e-e-everything and now" he said. He sat in a chair and cried for about five minutes.

He continued, "and now she could be gone forever."