Chara.

They're here. There's a bit of medical equipment around them though. They're also bandaged up a ton, especially on their legs and right arm.

"Chara..?" I say quietly.
"yep. now, i'm gonna have to do some small explaining. it's not gonna be too much or detailed. don't wanna overload you with information, y'know?" Sans replies, shutting the basement door.
"What is the exact thing you wanna explain?" Flowey says, after recovering from his shock.
"a bit of what happened to them. i won't explain what happened on the 14th though, that's way too much, but I'll give a basic rundown. essentially, there's an anomaly in the underground. one that has an extreme dustlust--that's the monster's term for bloodlust--that they utilize others to satisfy. we don't really have a name apart from 'the demon'. cliché, i know. they're like a ghost thing. they can't be effected by magic, only physical attacks, and since monsters are made of magic, without a host they can't do anything to us."
"You're not telling me..."
"yep. chara got possessed by them. their soul is in fragments now, tons of tiny pieces. it shattered but the largest part is still beating so they're still alive. i've been nursing them back to health in secret. i know quite a bit about science and medical stuff so i can assure you they won't die unless there's a critical failure that could only come from a sabotage. flowey, you can confirm about the demon, correct?"
"Wha...Well yes, but how did you know that?"
"you're not as sneaky as you think you are, flow', but yeah. he's been protecting you. the vines are physical attacks technically so it is able to hurt them. to my understanding, you basically drag them further underground and then toss them across the underground?"
"Okay, how the f...crap do you know this?"

I start tuning out the conversation and walk over towards Chara. It's been ten years...yet they don't look different at all. Same short brown hair, same striped shirt, same shorts, same shoes, and the same rosy cheeks. If you were to remove all the bandages and make them shorter, you'd have them from all those years back.

Sans and Flowey are still deep in conversation so I speak to Chara, quietly, even though I know they won't respond.

"Hey...Chara...It's me, Frisk. I'm sorry it took me so long but I'm here now. I'm going to help save you. Stay determined."

Sans and Flowey have stopped talking now. I feel tears swell up in my eyes but I wipe them away.

"oh yeah, you've got to be really tired by now. you should probably sleep down here, just in case undyne does a surprise check. nobody really knows this place exists."

I nod and Sans moves away from the corner. The door flings open and the mattress I was sleeping on back when I first woke up here flings in and positions itself on the floor.

"there you go, it should be pretty late. you should continue to the lab sometime tomorrow. alphys isn't a threat, she can't even attack so you'll be fine," He says, as he approaches the door. "hey flow' (pronounced flow like the flow in flower and not flow as in water flowing) mind watching fri' (fry) here and making sure they don't get possessed either, taking care of two 90% dead kids is way more than i can handle."
"Got it! I don't even have to sleep anyways so I don't mind, I've adapted to be able to photosynthesize with regular lights. Also please don't call me Flow', I ch...uhm...I was named Flowey, not Flow'."
"alright, cya kid and flow'."

Flowey yells at Sans before the door shuts.

"Well, night Frisk, I guess." Flowey says, shrugging.

His gaze keeps moving over towards Chara's comatose body. I wonder if he knew them before they were possessed? I let these thoughts help carry me to sleep.

×+×Sans POV×+×

It's time for me to meet up with Door Lady. I don't really know who she is and we only met yesterday but eh, talking to her is a nice escape.