Chapter 2: A Creepy and Totally Attractive Guard is Stalking Princesses

Dazai's here!!! y/n meets the new guard and hates him immediately

...

When she wakes up the next morning, Y/n does everything just as she usually does. She runs a hand through her hair and stretches enough to wake herself up before leaving her room, still in her pajamas and completely unprepared for meeting anyone except the castle servants.

When she opens the door, she makes a quick noise as she notices the knight stationed outside her door. She's used to the usual guard, wearing thick steel armor along their entire body and faces covered, but this was completely different. He was wearing white suit with a royal blue cape along his left shoulder. Not only that, but a huge sword was strapped to his side.

However, even with the intimidating outfit and scary sword, he looked at y/n with a casual smile. "Princess." He nods and Y/n has to take a moment to regain herself. He smiles at her, lips curling into a perfect grin, and it kills Y/n almost immediately.

"What are you doing here?" She demands instantly.

"I'm a new hire." He explains. "Your father wanted me to watch over you, by his words not mine."

"So you're my punishment for yesterday?" Y/n frowns, looking over the man's extravagant outfit. She doesn't like the idea of him at all.

He shrugs. "I suppose so. The name's Sir Dazai, but you can call me whatever."

Y/n sighs, mumbling under her breath. "Yeah, sure."

Dazai smirks a little, obviously surprised by Y/n's disinterest, before his eyes look y/n up and down. Y/n can practically feel her heart jump.

"Will you not be changing for breakfast?" He asks at last while laughing slightly.

Suddenly, feeling very embarrassed in her nightgown, y/n glares at the man and slams her door shut. When she opens the door again five minutes later, she's wearing a white gown with small frills, hair brushed and looking wide awake.

"Good, I assume you are ready to be escorted now?" He asks, smiling lightly at her.

"Whatever." She responds, walking side by side with her new guard. Just his presence walking right beside her starts to bother her. She knows he's punishment for the day before, and she's already bitter about it.

"Are you a temporary placement?" Y/n asks after a few seconds, her tone not hiding her dissatisfaction as she bites through her teeth.

He shrugs, "That all depends on you." He responds curtly. He looks at Y/n over his shoulder, his lips pulled back to a small smirk as if he knew that response would annoy y/n.

"Oh, goodie." she sarcastically retorts and Dazai gives her a small smile in return.

When they reach the dining hall, Dazai stays by the door and holds it open for y/n but he doesn't follow after her. Y/n is almost about to sigh of relief at his disappearance, but then quickly finds her parents at the table waiting for her. Suddenly she misses the obnoxious guard.

"y/n." Her father speaks first, talking in a pleasant tone. "I hope you are in a better mood today."

"Hm. Kinda hard to be when I wake up to find a man watching me." Y/n responds as she sits at her seat.