Chapter 6: Lord can he chase, but I can run.

Y/n was overall fed up with everybody's behavior lately, sick of herself and sick of the people around her. She needed a place to get away, and it just happened that she was told earlier today about an event that could become that exact getaway. She wasn't going to wait around till Murdock snitched on her and she got scolded by her father. If y/n was going to get in trouble, it would be over something more than just some wandering around the castle. Besides, y/n felt like she should get to see the Parade of Wishes at least once in her life. She deserved this.

That's what Y/n told herself as she got to work packing a small bag. She pulled her dusty cloak out of her closet and put it on, looking it over in the mirror to see how it concealed her. It was quite bedazzled and fancy, and people could probably pick her out easily, but it would do for now. She was quiet as she pushed open her window, breathing in the air and planting her feet on the brick pillars.

       In all honesty, it was on Dazai that he didn't close up this window the first time she escaped through it. She quickly descended, down the first story and then onto the grass with a thud. This time, y/n made sure to move carefully, not doing something as amateur as scraping her leg like before.

Y/n shifted through the grass, looking around the open field and trying to find her most probable escape. She deducted that the garden wall would be the easiest escape, large trees providing coverage while the stone walls around seemed easy enough to climb over. She arrives at the gate and pulls out the key she had taken off of Dazai's belt when he wasn't looking. She quickly unlocks the gate, opens it slowly as to refrain from making it squeak, and enters inside. She's cautious to make sure her heeled boots clicked quietly against the stone path.

She snuck around the water fountain, not shut off and left just as an eerie stone statue in the night. Y/n tried not to let it unnerve her and instead continued on to the back of the garden by the wall. But, as the shadows of trees around enveloped the garden, y/n became increasingly agitated. She could almost swear she could hear a twig snap behind her. She pushed on with a new motivation; to get the hell out of the creepy ass garden.

She had just lifted herself onto the wall of a flowerbed and placed an arm over the wall when she hears the footsteps of someone. She jolts and whips her head around, only to be faced with the annoying, stuck-up smirk of Sir Dazai.

       "Where are we off to, princess?" He asks in an almost genuinely curious manner.

       Y/n signs in an instant. She knows she's caught. She steps off the ledge and saunters over to Dazai, an unpleasant frown on her face. "Nowhere now..."

       "I like that answer. If we get to the castle in time I might not have to report this to the king." Dazai nods appreciatively. At least Y/n was becoming more obedient now as they grew closer. It made Dazai's job much easier.

       "I really don't know what you were thinking, my lady." The knight frowns as Y/n follows behind him, quiet as she keeps her gaze level with the ground. "Not only is it rash, but going outside the walls is dangerous without supervision. You mean too much to just go and run off."

       Y/n scoffs, finding Dazai's last comment extra unbelievable. "The kingdom doesn't even know me. They wouldn't care if I had gone missing anyways."

"I would care." He turns to Y/n just as they've reached the gate.

She's surprised for a moment, and stares at her guard for a few moments before looking away again. Dazai continues walking while Y/n pauses in her tracks. "Well... then I'm sorry for this, Sir."

Y/n quickly shoots her foot out and juts it between Dazai's feet. He's barely able to look at Y/n before he's tumbling to the ground. She grabs the gate door and slams it shut, quick to lock it once more and take the key with her. She takes off back to the wall, not looking behind her as she hears Dazai shout for her.