Relocation

___

TITANUS GOJIRA HAS BEEN RESTLESS AND ACTIVE NEARLY EVERY DAY SINCE THE MYSTERIOUS EGG SHOWED UP ON ISLE DE MARA. WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR.
___

Mariana Trench, 2025
___

I was sleeping. Oh, how I loved sleeping. Especially down here. Nothing happened at the bottom of the sea. Everything was quiet and dark and peaceful. A jellyfish fluttered past my eye. It was so relaxing. These were the times I was grateful to be the alpha titan. I didn't have to fear anything attacking me. Times like this made all the pain and exhaustion worth it. I found myself smiling and breathing a large sigh of relief, sending bubbles at the viperfish in front of me. I closed my eyes again and felt sleep drift me away.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"GOJIRA!"

A deep growl escaped my throat. I yawned. "Rodan, is that you?"

"GOJIRA! MY KING! THE EGG!" Rodan shrieked telepathically. My eyes shot open. I sat up abruptly, hitting my head on spikes above me.

"What about the egg?!"

"IT IS MOVING! IT IS WIGGLING! IT IS SHAKING! I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

"Rodan, what did you do?!" I sped to the surface, my rage building.

"MY KING! WHERE ARE YOU?! I AM AFRAID THAT-"

I breached the surface with a roar, clawing my way up the beach and up the side of Rodan's volcano. I grabbed his neck and lifted him out of the rock. "Where is the egg?"

He pointed his wing across the sand. I dropped him and stepped back across the beach. I picked up the egg, which had somehow rolled across the island.

"And what exactly is wrong with it?" I asked, holding the egg to my face, sniffing it.

"I-It i-is thin and translucent. And it keeps rolling away from me." Rodan sputtered, slinking back into his lava pool.