chapter 2

Maya went for a morning walk. The fresh air and beautiful scenery of the village were a stress reliever for her. By 11 am, all the shops were open. Most of the village shops were small, stocked with daily necessities and other useful items for the villagers. Maya walked towards a small cafe near a cloth store. She sat there and ordered a cold coffee. Her main aim in coming to this spot was to watch the cloth store. She loved observing it. For hours, she sat there watching people buying clothes and the shopkeeper managing it. The shop offered discounts on some days and took various measures to improve customer traffic. Maya loved watching these because she believed observing all these aspects was a stepping stone to her success.

Maya sketched designs in a hidden notebook, her heart swelling with each. Villagers yell at her and teases her for not having a job .Unknown to the villagers, she already had a secret job - a tailor's apprentice on Tuesday, Wednesday and saturday. She gets paid as well. Her salary for a month is enough for her to survive in a city without any difficulties.Eventhough she gets paid she never uses that money .She saves it for her future ,she want to use that money to get settled in a city for pursuing her dream. She knows that its time for her to stop dreaming and and start weaving her own destiny. A nervous thrill danced in her stomach, a delicious blend of fear and excitement. her first step is to move to a city and find a small job so she can settle there.

She planned her future really well but never told anyone about it . Every time she thought of telling these to her parent a fear starts to surround her she is afraid of her mother. her mother always scolded for having such dreams .Her mother once beaten her up for telling her dream to others . Maya was top at whatever she does so her mother always boast about her in front of villagers but when Maya told them about starting a business everyone was laughing at her .Her mother was no longer able to shine in front of others so she never like her being a business woman .Last week Maya wrote a resume to accompany in the city .Today I got a mail telling my resume was accepted and she was called for a interview.She was thinking how to tell about her plans to her parents.Many thoughts came to her,the memory of the beating, a punishment for daring to dream, sent a fresh wave of fear through her. Yet, the vibrant silks that danced in her dreams burned brighter than ever. This time, she wouldn't back down. At last she decided to tell them about job and go to city first .