King Salazar's Reign Ends

No one got much sleep that night… especially the Warners. Half the night, either Yakko or Wakko or Dot would wake from a terrible nightmare, and it would take them forever to be settled enough to go back to sleep. Sunny would be one of the ponies to check on them every so often, knowing how they felt-- it was terrible to lose a parent in general, but to lose both of your parents in that terrible state? It was too much for Sunny to fathom herself.

There had to be something the group could do to ease the Warners' heavy hearts.

The next morning, as the snow began to thaw from around Acme Falls, Buttons was returning Mindy to her home after Mindy got sidetracked so much on the way back. "Mindy, darling!" her mother exclaimed in relief as Buttons fell to the ground in exhaustion. "You're back! You're safe! Oh, thank goodness!"

"Hi, Mom!" Mindy said innocently, causing her mother to gasp and pick her off the ground. "Mindy, you called me mom! You called me mom! It's a miracle!" And like you could expect, Buttons relieved his wish-- steaks for protecting Mindy and his loyalty. But at the very same time, the Warners were going out into the streets to show others what a monster Salazar really was. "Guys, are you sure you're ready for this?" Sunny asked. "Doing something in a state of revenge will get you nowhere."

"Sunny's right," Zipp nodded. "Playing pranks on my sister all these years has taught me that more than anypony. You shouldn't do this for revenge, Warners… but for the town you care so much about… for each other… and for your parents."

Yakko spared a few glances at his younger siblings, then back at the ponies… they were right. They were just so scared of what they lost and could lose, that they didn't see what they could gain. "You guys are right…" he nodded and put down the bat he was holding. "Come on, sibs-- let's go out and tell everyone what we saw with the orbs." Wakko and Dot slowly nodded and followed him outside, but as Zipp and Izzy were about to leave, Misty stopped them. "Wait… can you two help me with something first?" she asked. "Sure, Misty!" Izzy agreed. "What do you need help with?"

"I… I wanna make cutie marks for the Warners," Misty said after a moment of hesitation. "It won't allow them to access the cutie mark magic the way we can, but… something to remember us after we leave." Zipp and Izzy frowned at this… the Warners really made an impact in Misty's life, and now she was afraid they would forget her. "They're never gonna forget us, Misty… that's what friends can never do-- forget friends," Zipp reassured. "But we would be happy to help you make cutie marks for the Warners. Just tell us what you had in mind for the designs."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Attention, everyone!" Sunny called out to the townsfolk. "Please join us in the town square-- we have a really important announcement to make! The Warners want everyone here to hear this! Come on, hurry!"

Most of the people heard Sunny’s announcement and put their duties and chores on hold to come over to the center of town to listen. Once giving the ‘okay’ nod from Sunny, Yakko and his siblings stepped forward to face the crowd. “Dear friends of Acme Falls,” Yakko began, “we regret to inform you that, as of last night, we now know what happened to King William and Queen Angelina of Warnerstock… our parents. They… they were…”

“MURDERED!!” Dot wailed, falling onto Hitch’s back and sobbing hysterically, and the male earth pony patted her head to console her. What Dot said caused many of the citizens to gasp in complete horror. “It’s confusing to explain, but they are telling the truth,” Hitch said. “And Salazar was the one who committed the crime when the Warners were only infants.”

“But that would mean, since the Warners are the king and queen’s kids, they have natural rights to the throne, right?” Squit asked. “Right,” Sunny nodded. “And we’re all here to ask you today to help us fight back against Salazar’s forces, and make sure they’re exiled from Warnerstock forever. I know this may seem scary to some of you, but this means a lot to us ponies, and--”