Whispers in the Mists

The journey north was a relentless march through unforgiving terrain. Blistering sun beat down on cracked earth, and nights were frigid, the air alive with the mournful howl of unseen creatures. Oman, accustomed to a life of wandering, found solace in the harsh landscape. Her connection to the earth pulsed with each step, her senses heightened, attuned to the subtle shifts in the environment.

Moiraine and Siuan, however, seemed to wilt under the harsh conditions. Their finely woven cloaks offered little protection from the elements, and their faces creased with worry as they pored over weathered maps during their meager rest breaks. Oman watched them from afar, a pang of guilt twisting in her gut. Perhaps she'd been reckless in pushing this expedition.

One evening, as they camped by a gurgling stream, the tension between Moiraine and Siuan reached a boiling point.

"Siuan," Moiraine snapped, her voice tight, "are you sure this map is accurate? Shadar Logoth seems to be slipping further away with every passing day."

Siuan's jaw clenched. "Of course I'm sure! These are ancient texts, Moiraine. The landmarks are bound to have shifted over time."

Oman, unable to hold back any longer, interjected. "There's another way." She closed her eyes, focusing on the earth beneath her feet. Images flooded her mind – twisted rock formations, a skeletal forest choked by mist. It wasn't a map, but a feeling, a deep resonance emanating from a distant location.

"The weave is whispering," she said, opening her eyes. "There's a path, not on your maps, but etched in the very land itself. I can feel it."

Moiraine and Siuan exchanged surprised glances. Oman, aware of the stigma surrounding her wild magic, braced herself for their rejection.

But to her surprise, Moiraine nodded. "Very well, Oman. Lead the way."

The following morning, they set off once more, Oman navigating through a labyrinthine landscape guided by her connection to the earth. The terrain grew increasingly treacherous – sheer cliffs plunged into churning rivers, and the air thickened with a swirling mist that seemed to hold a life of its own.

One afternoon, as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows that danced in the mist, a chilling scream shattered the silence. Oman whipped around, her eyes scanning the swirling mist. There, on a rocky ledge overlooking a chasm, stood Siuan, her face contorted in terror.

A dark figure, cloaked in shadows, loomed beside her, a glint of steel catching the last rays of sunlight. Fear pricked at Oman, cold and sharp. This wasn't a simple bandit – the darkness emanating from the figure was unlike anything she had encountered before.

"Let her go!" Oman roared, her voice echoing through the mist.

The figure turned, its face hidden within its hood. Yet, a malevolent energy radiated from it, chilling Oman to the bone. In a rasping voice, it spoke. "The Aes Sedai such a delightful surprise."

Moiraine appeared at Oman's side, her hand reaching for the hilt of her dagger. "Leave her unharmed, and we will give you what you seek."

The figure chuckled, a sound devoid of humor. "And what exactly do you think I seek?"

Before Moiraine could answer, the figure made its move. It lunged at Siuan, the blade flashing in the dying light. Time seemed to slow down for Oman. In that split second, she knew what she had to do.

Drawing on the earth itself, she slammed her fist into the ground. A tremor ripped through the cliffs, dislodging a massive boulder. The boulder, propelled by a surge of earth magic, hurtled towards the figure, a force of nature unleashed.

The figure let out a shriek of surprise as it barely dodged the falling rock. Taking advantage of the momentary distraction, Lan materialized beside Siuan, his own blade drawn. The air crackled with tension as the Warder and the figure faced off.

Oman raced towards Lan, her adrenaline surging. This wasn't just about Siuan – it was about protecting the woman she loved, the woman who was the closest thing to family she had.

As they reached Lan and Siuan, the figure threw back its hood, revealing a face etched with cruelty and a single, glowing red eye. A gasp escaped Moiraine's lips. "A Myrddraal!"

The Myrddraal, a servant of the Dark One, let out a chilling laugh. "Foolish Aes Sedai. You are all doomed."

With a flash of unnatural speed, the Myrddraal launched into an attack. Lan, a whirlwind of steel, parried its blows. Oman, drawing on her connection to the air, whipped a gust of wind, sending the Myrddraal staggering back. Siuan, momentarily recovered from her shock, drew her own dagger and joined the fray.

The battle was desperate. The Myrddraal, fueled by a dark power, moved with inhuman agility. Lan, though skilled, was outnumbered. Oman, still learning to control her wild magic, struggled to find a balance between overwhelming force and controlled precision.

Seeing her struggle, Moiraine called out, "Oman, channel fire! Disrupt its vision!"

Oman latched onto Moiraine's suggestion, focusing on the rising flames from the nearby campsite. A surge of heat flowed through her as she channeled the fire, shaping it into a blazing orb. With a flick of her wrist, she hurled the fiery projectile towards the Myrddraal.

The Myrddraal hissed in surprise as the flaming orb struck its shoulder, charring its dark cloak and momentarily breaking its focus. Lan seized the opportunity, lunging forward with a deadly thrust of his blade.

The Myrddraal, however, was not easily defeated. With a snarl of hate, it lashed out, its blade connecting with Lan's shoulder. Lan grunted in pain, but his grip on his sword never faltered.

The sight of Lan injured sent a jolt of fear and fury through Oman. Her connection to the earth intensified, and with a deep breath, she summoned a surge of earth magic. The ground beneath the Myrddraal shifted, its legs sinking into the newly formed mud. The Myrddraal roared in frustration, trapped and vulnerable.

Capitalizing on their combined efforts, Lan and Siuan pressed their attack. A flurry of blows rained down on the Myrddraal, culminating in Lan's blade finding its mark. The Myrddraal screamed, a sound that sent shivers down Oman's spine, before dissolving into a cloud of black mist.

As the mist dissipated, an eerie silence descended upon the group. They stood there, panting, adrenaline slowly fading. Moiraine rushed to Lan's side, her face etched with concern.

"He'll be alright," Siuan said, kneeling to examine the wound. "Just a deep gash, but nothing life-threatening."

Relief washed over Oman, followed by a wave of exhaustion. The battle had been brutal, a taste of the darkness they were facing.

Moiraine met Oman's gaze, a flicker of gratitude shining in her eyes. "Thank you, Oman. You saved our lives."

Oman could only nod, fatigue making it difficult to speak. Despite the near-fatal encounter, a sense of accomplishment warmed her. She had used her wild magic effectively, forging a bond with the elements to defend them all.

As the night deepened, they tended to Lan's wounds, a strained silence hanging in the air. The attack had shaken them, a harsh reminder of the dangers that lurked beyond the mist.

While Siuan helped Moiraine dress Lan's wound, Oman stole a glance at the woman who made her heart beat faster. Moiraine, her face illuminated by the flickering firelight, looked up and caught Oman's gaze. A small smile touched her lips, a fleeting, almost apologetic gesture before she turned back to Siuan.

Oman's heart ached. The bond between Moiraine and Siuan, though unspoken, was undeniable. But a stubborn hope flickered within her. Perhaps, in this fight against the darkness, Oman could prove her worth, not just as a channeler, but as someone who cared for Moiraine more than anyone else could. The path ahead was shrouded in mist, but one thing was clear – their journey to Shadar Logoth had just taken a drastic turn, and the fight against the Dark One had begun in earnest.

A/N: Yo, how's that for Chapter 3? As you guys can see, I'm not following the exact storyline of the book or the show. This is an AU of some sort. Hope y'all like it!