'22' realization

nat pov

It's not like I could lie to her any longer. She had found out and if I had denied it she probably would've kept digging to find out who she was talking to... or maybe I just couldn't keep it from her any longer because the thought of keeping her in the shadows was too hard to bear.

"When did you know?" I asked

"I suspected it after meeting Dr. Banner"

"Oh" I say softly.

She stayed silent and observed me. I knew exactly what she was trying to do, she was trying to read me. Unfortunately, for her, I've become a master in masking my emotions.

"I'll let you get some rest." I make my way over to the door. "And if you could just keep that secret to yourself please, they can't know you know"

Y/n nods and leans back into the bed.

I leave and go into Banners office. "How's she doing?"

"She's improving her state, if she keeps up this pace of recovery she could be out of here by tomorrow afternoon."

"Great" I hesitate.

I go to Clint's room, we keep it more as a guest room since most of his time is spent with his family but it's his when he's over.

"Clint?" I ask.

"Nat? Come in"

I open the door and he sits up on his bed.

"Y/n is recovering" I say plainly.

His face lights up but summers down once he sees mine doesn't.

"You don't seem happy about it"

"I am, it's just-" I sit on the corner of his bed.

"Y/n is going to be discharged and she's going to have to go back to her uncle's place where her uncle will just beat her over and over again until she's back in the hospital or ends up dead. I can't do that to her. I promised she wouldn't go back there but I can't take her in and I can't guarantee she'll get any better treatment if I put her into the foster system." I take a deep breath. "I just don't know what to do"

"Nat, she's going to have to go back with her uncle."

My heart shatters.

"No-no she can't. I promised her" I rarely ever get emotional but y/n can't go back there.

"There's no other option. It's either that or the foster system because you can't take care of her Nat."

"So that's it? I'm supposed to let her get taken back to the root of all her trauma."

"No not necessarily, she has your number, if anything happens she can always call and she has her internship, she won't be gone for ever."

I sigh but I nod. I don't want to open my mouth to speak anymore for fear that I'll end up sobbing my way out of Clint's room so instead I look at my feet and walk towards the door away from Clint.

"Understood" I shut Clint's door and opened the door to my room.

Y/n pov

I'm going back to my uncles. I know that for sure. Maybe I haven't gotten any sign that I'm for sure going back but I can already assume it because superheroes like them don't take in strays like me.

Maybe they'll want to do the right thing or at least what they think is the right thing and put me into the foster care system but it's not any better.

I've already accepted my fate of being stuck with my uncle for ever and ever.

Unless I don't. Realization struck me.

A/n

HEY BITCHES IM BACK

So basically I hella lagged on y'all n for that my baddddd I was struggling to find motivation to write so I js didn't but ANYWAYSSSS let me catch u up on my life rq like let me give u a run down so basically I finally promoted n I gave a speech at my promotion so yeah and also I cried sm on the last day of school like sobbingggggg badddddd I was bawling bc I was leaving my fav 7th graders and 6th graders I was so sad and then my crush asked me to sign his yearbook while I was sobbing and then he hugged me 🌚🌚 n I was very delusional after that🤷🏽‍♀️🧍🏾‍♀️but I was crying sm even after school was done bc a lot of us were going to different high schools n my class was so small like I could name my whole class off the top of my head n even tho some of us lowkey didn't fw each other we were still hella close so that's why I was crying sm ☺️☺️

784 words