Chapter 3- Dante's Best friend

This summer brought new life to her. Ruby, her bestie was super relieved that Ammy could settle in at WIS.

Ammy joined a maths class same as Leo and both were there together coincidentally. They were good friends but Ammy grew awkward at times glancing at how she behaved like at anti social all throughout her first year at WIS.

Meanwhile, she had been speaking to Mandrid quite a lot recently. Mandrid used be Dante's best friend and was in the same tuition with Dante and Ammy.

Mandrid and Ammy knew each other since middle school, but never spoke until last autumn when the guy suddenly popped up with her number out of the blues.

It had been hardly a month or so since they started chatting online frequently, that Mandrid asked Ammy to meet him.

"But I've got strict parents!" Ammy exclaimed- " and they wouldn't let me out just like that!"

"Seems like a problem if you consider it so" said Mandrid. " Would you mind meeting near your house?" he asked. Both of them live in the same locality, just a street or two apart.

Surprised at this sudden urge to meet, Ammy kept declining until one day when she came up with an idea- "I return from my maths tuition nearly around 4 p.m.- and Leo, my classmate usually returns with me up to my house but if someday he misses the class, I'll ring you up. Do be present before the sweet shop at the crossing if you wish to meet"

That evening they met while on the way back to her home. Ammy was still confused at the urgency with which Mandrid wanted to meet. It was a 5 minutes walk to home.

Ammy had always been shy before boys- and Mandrd's intrigue about her life made her suspicious and uncomfortable. By this time, they had been chatting nearly everyday and Ammy even opened up about Dante being her first crush. Dante and Mandris grew apart so there wasn't a chance that Mandrid would tell him.

Then one fine evening in May, just before one of Ammy's exam at her coaching- something happened to her for the first time.

Mandrid proposed her - over text. He confessed he had been crushing on her since middle school and had only mustered up courage now. This was the first time Ammy facing a proposal from a boy !

Oh how nervous she felt!-

Though she saw it coming somehow based on Mandrid's sudden interest in her-

She went pale with fear!

She never felt something for Mandrid !

But he seemed a good guy-

But if her mom gets to know?

ah she would be in danger! -

She doesn't feel for Mandrid- he's just a friend

But if she declines, would she face bad consequences? like they show in the movies? like the acid attacks?

Oh she had an exam the next day-!

But how would she study? Her hands went numb - her face pale and her heart throbbing hard against her chest with anxiety-

A hundred thoughts clouded up on her-

Her phone blinked " Can I expect an answer from you? or will i become a laughing stalk now? Ammy?" texts came from Mandrid.

Perhaps she should take some time?

perhaps?

She was in disbelief and dumbstruck - " I don't want to get into relationships now- I would like to