Chapter 9- Leo's Jealous!

The next weekend, they were at their maths tuition. Mr. Kelvin, their teacher, who once taught at WIS, was more like a friend to his students. "I'm so glad that you all arranged that surprise party for me! I had never experienced one from from students ever in my teaching career", chuckled the middle aged man. Last week, after the teacher's day celebration at WIS, Leo, Ammy and three others from their coaching, had arranged a surprise for their teacher. That was when Leo first saw Ammy getting aggressive  and beating up a boy a year younger than them; The boy had sprayed her all over with the party foam two times, so he had to face the consequences. The event was still fresh in Leo's mind as he gasped at what his best friend did.

       Now, it was their regular early morning class, after which Leo and Ammy either walked up to her house or Leo dropped her at her place with his bike. The place where Mr. Kelvin lived, was across the railway quarters- so their walk back to home needed them to cross that long foot way that was adorned with chains of trees on each side- The beautiful woods were large and shady and the morning sun peeped through the leaves of Mahua, Sal and other deciduous trees- Ammy loved how the scattered Gulmohur was a cherry on top with its vibrant red hues.

    As they strolled their way back, Leo put his hand out to Ammy "Wanna hold hands?", he asked. She hesitated for a second or two but then clasped her hand with his; Now they plodded even slower to prolong the walk.... Leo looked at Ammy and smiled, his face was crimson red- oh that guy was an all time blusher- seeing him do so, she burst into giggles- the two of them fell into a nervous silence...... and after a while when they resumed talking, they could feel each others clutched hands all wet from sweat. The cool wind was a pure bliss- the trees moved and the vague sounds of rustling leaves welcomed autumn.

     The next day at school had a new event in store for them. It was break time, both of them sat at the first bench just before the glass door- "Ah Ammy!! you don't care for me!" whined Leo. Ammy immediately looked up to his face and figured out that it was time for his tantrums; at times he would be a baby in front of her and she enjoyed the same, feeling 'happily helpless' at times. "Oh really?", asked Ammy while munching on her food, "but I care so much"; Leo interrupted,- "NOOO you don't- see how my head hurts and you wouldn't caress my hair or give a head massage and"; Ammy started giggling. His tantrums went on with, "You should pamper me but no! all you do is pull my curls! Ahh my head really hurts! I wanna sleep...". With that, he placed his head down against her shoulder- "that's better". Surprised Ammy, looked at how adorably sweet Leo looked leaning against her shoulder but in a while she realised where they were. "Leo!Leo!get up it's school! the teachers would see!", she shook him up and he started complaining like a child- "awwh Ammy... it was so comfortable...I wish I could stay like that".

                By the next period, everyone settled at their places and Ms. Theobald arrived. She taught them biology.

"Ammy and Oliver? I require you two for some work; come here she said the teacher- "our school has been invited to take part in the inter-school science exhibition arranged by the Don Bosco School- it is called the 'BOSCO SCIENTIFICA' "; She went on to declare that Ammy and Oliver had been selected to represent their school at the event along with three other juniors from class 11 . They would have to make a science model and that too, within a week. There were two teams from WIS. One consisted of Oliver and Ammy and the other one had the three students from class 11. both the teams needed to make two separate models. Ammy felt lucky that she was given the chance to represent Wilshref but she wasn't really happy with her partner. Oliver had brains, so he'd definitely have good ideas for the model  but he didn't have the vibe. After Anangsha, Oliver was that bookworm of 12 science that almost everyone was scared to speak to. Maybe just because he had that solemn look on his face that made him quite unapproachable? Ammy hardly had an affliction towards Anangsha but had an undefined hatred for Oliver. He was boringly studious, and if he ever spoke outside the academics, that would be about Paleontology. She personally felt Oliver's attitude to be unbearable; probably it was more because Ms. Theobald used compare their marks at the first year at WIS, when both were new students. Ammy was quite decent at biology but at times she couldn't cope up with Oliver's knowledge- hence the comparison - leading to hatred. They had very little time left, and both of them had to start working. That day they had to submit what they would make and the next day they had to start working during the school hours.