Chapter 6- A Friend

A few days later, Ammy was back to school-

 Ever since that afternoon, Ammy didn't have to try hard to express her pain- She cried herself to sleep every night-

     She was so much quieter now-

Her mother couldn't recognize her daughter - She became so much soft spoken, she hardly said a word when spoken to, replied in gestures or nodded her head in yes or no--

         Ammy couldn't stop thinking about all this while copying down her notes at the school- She kept thinking how her friend persuaded Mandrid to think over the matter again, and he simply turned it down-............He didn't even give a proper reason for breaking up.

             Meanwhile, the others at school started noticing Ammy's sudden change- 

 " Hey are you fine?" asked Anna " You look really sick"

 Steve, Isabel, Patricia, and all others had already inquired about her unreasonable gloom.

   However, Ammy didn't utter a word-  

  But Leo wouldn't give up- He kept asking Ammy what was wrong with her and wouldn't leave her alone until he got an answer-

                  Even he was depressed a month or two ago- Leo- the funny and happy go lucky guy who loved socializing, once stopped talking in class and would put his head down all the time during recess all alone at the last bench- His relationship with his girlfriend had become a hanging bridge ever since- They had stopped communicating, complexities crept into their relationship and his girlfriend took him for granted......

 Leo and Tanny were no more together now.

  Leo remembered how Ammy cared for him as a friend when he would keep down two months ago...... It was his time to help Ammy out from whatever she was suffering from. Leo kept nagging Ammy for several days to open up- until one day when she spit it all out.

       That day Ammy opened her heart out to Leo at the school playground while he sat in utter disbelief-   he never knew about Ammy's relationship with Mandrid.....

Ammy said how she was in a relationship, what all happened and how Mandrid broke up with her............... He listened to her patiently- Opening up to someone never felt so good till now....

 She felt so much relieved but she still couldn't move on...... Leo couldn't see people sad specially if it's his friend.

        Ammy and Leo always shared a really good friendship since a year - specially after they joined the same maths tuition- Leo used to share how he was facing relationship problems with Tanny and joked around in class and in their tuition-

 Leo was really fun to be around.

    After getting to know about Ammy's breakup, Leo was the strongest support she could ever think of- Since then, Leo never left Ammy alone- he never let her sit all alone in that corner and hardly gave her the chance to be sad- He joked, teased Ammy in a funny way that would make her laugh and lightened up the gloomy atmosphere every time he found her lost in her thoughts or brought up the topic of Mandrid and the breakup.

              Unknowingly, day by day - Ammy was healing-  She stopped feeling worthless and in about a month or so, she felt the change -

                   She was getting back to normal- whenever she felt waves of sadness and despair, Leo would surprisingly know and cheered her up- 

Perhaps Leo could read her face?

"SEE HOW YOU LOOK LIKE A ROASTED PUMPKIN WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT MANDRID AND TRY TO CRY !" sniffed Leo -

     Ammy was in an apparent melancholic zone and in a moment , Leo's words cleared up all the puzzled thoughts and she burst into laughter- 

 They spoke all day and chatted about every thing and every unimportant thing- nothing  seemed boring if you had a friend like Leo-

      He felt like a childhood friend to Ammy- someone whom she found after so many years- as if she knew him so well......

         Ammy got back her life -

 Oh how they both enjoyed like children - in innocent fun and playful happiness- Sometimes Leo would steal her claw-clip and run away with it- with Ammy yelling at him with her hair all open- oh how she got scolded by Miss Paul for keeping her hair open- " Oh but that was Leo!" Ammy  protested......... "You both behave like you belong to kindergarten......Grow up! By this year you'll be completing your school!"

             At times, the mischievous boy would pierce a bottle's cap, fill it with water and spray all over Ammy just like a kid would do to you at holi-

   Oh how content he felt irritating her! He once splashed her with his bottle just before the assembly- Ammy stood there dumbstruck - all drenched in water - while Leo almost rolled laughing at her...... Furious Ammy would run  behind him to beat him up with a heavy book. She once threw a book at him, Leo dunked and it hit the blackboard instead with a loud thud!

        Leo and Ammy fought like kids, supported each other like best friends and had fun together like they never had before- and it was the first time Ammy became so comfortable with a boy-

         Maths tuition classes had become even more fun- Ammy's favourite way to beat Leo up was gripping his all curled up hair and shaking them till its roots while the boy would shriek even louder than he felt .....