Chapter 8- Teacher's Day at WIS

The people at Wilshref International School, awaited another joyous day- Teacher's day preparations had already  begun- with groups of girls practicing dance performances in the vacant rooms, the school band making their place in the assembly room- Richard being the choir's main vocalist, skits were being prepared at every classroom, where students would imitate their teachers; You couldn't help yourself from stopping while you walk past the Assembly room- Sam's drumming would keep you coming back to the beats, and the beat boxers from junior sections would astound you with their talent. 

               Class 12 science was busy selecting volunteers from amongst themselves to put up short skits imitating their subject teachers. Leo had impressive acting skills-and he would make the whole class laugh with his acts- he had mastered imitating people in a way that would tickle your tummy off- . Patricia was to play the senior coordinator's role; She was a loud, awkwardly extroverted girl who messed up every time she practiced her role and laughed at herself more than anyone else did- 

Steve and Anna- the couple from the science section were assigned their respective roles ; and amidst this, Leo would suddenly pop up with hilarious acts of imitating the annoying bookworm of the class- Anangsha- . Almost everyone tried to avoid her; She was a 'Big' girl who would piss everyone off- and she herself got irritated at the slightest agitation.

         That day, Ammy and Leo were having their usual squabble in the class until Ammy got really triggered and ran after Leo with a big bottle to beat him up- They ran in circles around the benches in the classroom; Nick tried to help her catch Leo , and in the hubbub, Leo accidentally hit Anangsha right on her head with his elbow- after which, they had the most horrendous experience facing the Big girl.

                    Ammy almost fell from her chair laughing as she narrated Anangsha and Leo's hilarious interaction to their teacher at the maths tuition. "It was all because you were running behind me like a kid " Leo interrupted ; "Oh really? who was the one to start? You snatched my claw-clip and ran away with it !" Ammy protested. That day, all the students at their tuition planned how to organize a surprise party for their sir at his place for teacher's day.

      On their way back home, Leo again came up with his silly prank of splashing Ammy with water forced out from his bottle with pierced cap- Though Ammy was used to being pranked by him, she tried hitting him back - often unable to keep up with his strong arms, she surrendered; But that day, she instantly grabbed his hair - Leo squeaked, "Ehhh that hurts! Ouch ouch Ammyyyyyyy!".  Ammy loved Leo's curly hair- in addition to giving him the 'chocolate boy' look, his curls were the only weapon Ammy could instantly use to get hold of him. That day, she handed over a script to Leo that he had asked her to write; it was for their school's teacher's day anchoring skit- he would perform it with Peter- the small boy from fourth standard.

                     Finally it was teacher's day. 

The senior most class 12s were supposed to dress up like teachers and conduct an hour of class teaching various subjects to the juniors. The boys wore formals and the girls went with traditionals. 12 Science was decking up their class with balloons, banners, ribbons and other decors- meanwhile Steve and Anna were busy clicking pictures in front of that big heart shaped balloon canvas meant for teachers; The cakes, and food items were being lodged at the last benches and Isabel took charge of it. 

  And the busiest person of all was Leo but he slipped back into his classroom as soon as he saw Ammy entering the school. It was the first time Leo introduced the little guy- Peter to Ammy. As sweet as he was, he already appeared a gentle-'man' much prior to his age. Peter and Ammy clicked instantly ; Oh how she wished for a younger brother since childhood! but alas! she was a single daughter.