( four )

Despite how much you try fighting off this growing chemistry, you and Childe will often find yourself meeting up. It's a small game between the two of you that seem to have taken a life on its own. He'll send you flowers, cards, and many nice gifts which you loved that he claims have just made him think of you. It's still one of the world's great mysteries as if he can guess what you like so well. Of course, in return, you'll end up calling him just to thank him, but you both always end up going somewhere new and exciting together.

Childe will sometimes come over after work and have lazy nights with you to top it off. When he paid a surprise visit to you, you quickly tried to make yourself look presentable. When Daniel was home, he even expected you to look your best in the comfort of your own home.

This meant expensive silk cami, designer tanks, or shorts rather than what you usually preferred. So, when Daniel is away, you put on your [U/O] of your choice when Childe showed up out of the blue. You recall quickly trying to make yourself presentable before he then cupped your face.

However, Childe had wanted you as you are, finding you utterly adorable in the comfort of your place without feeling the need to dress up. He even called you beautiful however you feel the most like yourself, making you feel more shy and naked than ever before.

After that, both of you will laugh and fool around while cooking dinner together. It feels nice to have someone not only taking care of you but finding the time for you despite how busy Childe must be as the CEO of Tsaritsa Trust. Not only that, but he equally wants to help you cook after he gets off rather than demanding it from you. One time, you and Childe even went to bake your [F/D] together before he teasingly placed batter on your nose and licked it off.

You know you're playing with fire at this point, but you can't stop either.

The more you spend time with him, the more you craved not only his touch but his presence. It's a phenomenon you've never felt before with anyone else, not even with Daniel. For example, the way Childe seems to always gravitate towards touching you (though the feeling is mutual), or how safe and protected you feel with him.

After a while, you just stopped fighting the chemistry, and whatever was budding between you two. You try not to even think about Daniel as he never once contacted you after that fight. However, Childe can always read your mood and go about asking about your day, which Daniel never would.

After all, as Daniel has said, what's the point of asking about your day if you're just home all day?

Not to mention, you justify that it's not going any further, despite the intimate touches that send your body to combust into flames or those longing stares you will give Childe every time you have to depart from him.

Each step feels heavier inside your heart.

It's a cycle that's been going on for weeks, and each day, you eagerly await for him to send a car for you once you and Childe decide where you'd like to go together. Today, however, you choose to do something new, which is to surprise him at his workplace.

You look at yourself in the mirror once more before heading out. Somehow, you seem happier in the mirror, almost as if there's a light bounce in your step. Not only is your [E/C] glittering, but so are your [H/C] and [S/T] as well. You're in another seasonal dress that was forced onto you by Daniel, never having the choice as he stated he knows best, yet you have then slipped into a pair of heels you had picked out personally with Childe.

Grabbing your bag, you head out of the apartment and make your way around town to the prestigious firm of the Tsaritsa Trust. No matter how many times you look at the colossal firm, it still takes your breath away that the CEO of it all is the same Childe you've grown closer with. He's intelligent, caring, and the perfect gentleman as well.