1.|Surf Crazy

There is nothing like having the salted, bitter, taste of ocean breeze

There is nothing like having the salted, bitter, taste of ocean breeze. Wind in your hair and sand grains in between each toes on your feet. That is everything you could ever dream of, living in Hawaii. Endless sunshine blissfully caressing your skin, creating a glow so bright. No place on earth could beat my home.

Except the realisation I couldn't enjoy this with love in my life. I'm single. But I get to be a third wheel of Brady, my brother, and Macks, my best friend, relationship.

Here I am, surf board under my arm, gazing out at the sunsetting. Done catching waves up and down the coastline. " Best day ever!" I couldn't contain my smile. for Brady, summer means no limitations on how much surfing he could participate in. To perform tricks wanting to impress McKenzie.

" Did you see me out there shredding those waves? Morg. It was, like, I had the spirt of every well known surfer guiding me."

I chuckle. If there is one thing Brady is was an average surfer. Definitely not professional level. " Oh yeah, Dude. I didn't once have doubt you would not fall on your butt and make yourself look like a dummy." Mack giggles, out of control, finding me hilarious. Brady whines, pouting his lips.

" Morgan. I might not be a gold medalist and an expertise like you. But at least I know how to look cool doing it." of course, because certainly getting your behind handed to you by a two foot wave is very cool.

" You were pretty awesome. Brad." Mack says in her baby-voice, scratching Brady under neath his chin. I wrinkle my nose, causing both of my eyes to crease at the affection.

" Awesome? Surfing all day, us and Morg together. Awesome wishes it was this awesome." If there is one thing Brady does was he never let me feel excluded. I loved him for it. 'There it was. The hand holding.' I couldn't help but believe I wasn't made to find love. No one had shown romantic attraction, I wasn't appealing to no boy my age. Not even in high school. I'm sixteen. No first kiss. Nothing.

" oh! Did you hear about tomorrow?" Asks brady, not attempting to hide his excitement for the reported forty foot swell coming in just in time for the season change. " Can you believe it? Morgan. They are talking about forty-foot waves?" what worries me is the humongous storm meteorologist predict to hit. " There's a dangerous storm coming up from the north. Usually that wouldn't make me back track. but it's reported to cause a whole heap of damage."

I am all for the challenge, when it's not potentially going to be the cause of beaches closing because of conditions out of our control. " You are right, Morgan. but I mean, surf like that only happens here once every thirty years. You don't get an opportunity given out like that every day." Mack says, acknowledging my worries, swinging her intertwine hand still connected to brady.

" Yeah, can you imagine dropping in on a barrel that huge?" That is definitely what one wishes for in your wildest dreams possible. I take note how Mack falls silent, smile fading.