The Temptation

Humans font

Cole's font

(Narrator POV)

The fury in every fiber of his being lay dormant, a hungry beast, fit for a killing machine. A vengeful creature, bitter and cold, unwavering and interested in every move he makes. A shadow that makes the same movements, yet plays a far different game. Something he swore never to release, never to nurture, as that would drive an irreversible rift between himself and the others.

The others.

Oh, if only they knew.

He glares daggers into the clock, willing it to go faster as the others begin their nightly routines that will, eventually, lead into silence as they separate to charge. The hesitation lingers in his chest, as brutal as the first time he felt it.

The Star hates when he does this.

But it knew, same as him, that this was the only way he could manage himself without lashing out at one of the others. Undoing all his progress when he has a (somewhat) healthy outlet seemed ludicrous at best, and stupid at worst. It let him do as he pleased under the guise that, if he went too far, it would put him back in line.

He accepted that.

Though it was hard to accept that The Star had a collar around his neck and a leash to accompany it, he knew that he'd be dead without it, so he'd just have to deal with the consequences that came with its presence.

His claws tap away at the paneling on his leg, having switched from his normal attire to something with more...maneuverability. He admits that he hates these clothes with a passion, as, with them, come the memories of the forest with its cold grass and harsh winds. Wearing these cursed clothes feels like he's digging up those long-buried feelings all over again, and he hates to admit just how much fear it strikes into him.

However, he knows these thoughts will have little to no effect on him when he finally begins the trek to his... outlet . Nothing really mattered to him then, other than completing the journey and fulfilling his desires in what Sun would call a 'disgraceful' way.

So what? He'll be a disgrace if it brings him comfort. Sun can't fault him for that.

By the time that his musings finally come to a close, the world outside his room is silent. Blood Moon is curled up in their nest, a stuffed bat that Lunar gave them tucked against their chest, held tightly in both arms. Eclipse slips off the side of the bed as quietly as he can, slinking over to Blood Moon's side to pull a blanket over them as they give a slight stir and groggy blink in his direction.

"Hey, Dad." They murmur, voices slurred by exhaustion. Eclipse gives them a small smile.

"Hey boys. I'm going to go out for a walk, alright? I'll be back before you wake up."

They give him a hesitant look, clearly still torn over past events. "You sure? We could come with..."

"No need. I'll be just fine." Their father assures them, and they finally give a small nod before settling back down, beginning to drift off as Eclipse stands at his full height once more. He watches them for a moment longer before turning towards the door, claws clamping down around the knob.

The excitement that twists within him is almost unwelcome in its intensity. He pushes it down, willing himself to keep calm as he pulls the door open, slipping outside and closing it behind him with a soft 'click. ' The main part of the attendant's room is dark, save for the soft light that peeks out from Moon's room. He's probably helping Lunar get situated for the night.