Chapter 11

Chapter 11: A Getaway

Ezra, Rhett, Lydia, Oaklynn and Waylon left the scene to head back to Waylon's car and rev up the engine.

“This was a bad idea!” Ezra shouted, “We could have gotten killed!”

“I'm sorry, my curiosity just got the best of me!” Waylon said, “We're heading out of here!”

“Just drive the damn car, Mr. Young!” Lydia said,

“I have to start up the engine first!”

Waylon then started the car up and drove out.

“And we are out of here!” He shouted,

Everyone sighed in relief.

“Well, that was all an experience.” Oaklynn said while watching the footage she recorded,

“You still have the recording?” Rhett wondered,

“Yup, and I did get the screaming part.”

“Should we turn it in to the police?” Lydia wondered,

“I don't think they're gonna believe us.”

“They have to. This cult just burned down a corner store and killed someone!” Ezra said,

“It's gonna take more than that to–” Waylon said before getting interrupted by a knife being thrown outside of his window, “--What the hell was that?”

Rhett, Lydia and Oaklynn looked at the back window to see a car full of cult members chasing after them.

“Oh crap, they know!” Lydia shouted, “They're onto us!”

“Ok, this is gonna be Hell for all of us!” Waylon shouted, “Being chased by a cult! Hold on tight, everyone, I'm stepping on the gas!”

Waylon then proceeded to drive faster while the cult continued to follow them.

“Holy crap, your father is driving at almost the speed limit!” Oaklynn shouted,

“It's all about survival!” Ezra shouted,

Suddenly, Waylon stopped as he heard gunshots.

“What now?” He said,

Rhett looked back and noticed that the cult members had guns.

“Guns!” He shouted, “Everyone, duck!”

Everydone ducked as gunshots were fired at the car, breaking windows and popping tires.

“We're dead!” Ezra shouted,

Suddenly, the cult members heard sirens going off.

“Shit! It's the cops!” One shouted, “Let's get out of here!”

The cult members drove away as one police car chased after them while another pulled up to Waylon's now destroyed car.