Chapter 13

Chapter 13: A Secret Plan

Apartments were destroyed from an explosion as Ezra and the others were running to find a place to hide.

“This is crazy!” Ezra shouted, “Kansas City is gonna go into chaos!”

“There's gotta be a way for us to stop all of this!” Rhett said, “But how?!”

Someone screamed.

“Ok, yeah, this place is already going into chaos!” Lydia shouted,

Then, everyone then saw another police officer running up to them.

“Hey, you're those five that Officer Scott told me about.” He said to them, “Call me Officer Williams. Come with me, we have a plan to discuss this… cult you're all so curious about.”

Everyone followed Officer Williams to an abandoned alleyway.

“Ok, no one will find us here.” He said, “Sometimes people get lost in alleyways like this one.”

“Right, umm, what if one cult member actually finds us?” Waylon wondered,

“I'll just taze him down.”

“No firearms?”

“One of them stole it from me.”

“So, what's the plan?” Oaklynn wondered,

Officer Williams then sat on the ground and sighed.

“The plan is simple.” He replied, “I have a cousin who's visiting this town from the military. He and his friends know about this ongoing crisis the cult is creating.”

“Military?” Ezra wondered,

“I suppose we're the military involved since this is huge.” Lydia said,

“But not all of the soldiers are gonna help.” Officer Williams said, “It's just a handful of those living in the state of Missouri. …Mostly in Kansas City.”

“And how will we take care of them?” Rhett wondered,

“Simple. An ambush. We ambush in, and destroy their base with a bomb that will hopefully wipe out the entire building. And then, arrest any cult members that managed to escape and are still alive. If they died in there, then we'll get them out and see what we'll do with the dead ones after all of this is over.”

“That's… An outrageous, yet brilliant plan.” Oaklynn said,

“And you five are gonna help us.”

“And dangerous.”

“Uhhh, we're not THAT good in the fields of combat.” Ezra said,

“You don't have to be.” Officer Williams said, “Trust me, you'll all be fine. It's like, I don't know, 20 of us against a cult of like 15-20. At least that's what one of our spies said.”

“Looks like you had a better spy than us.” Oaklynn said,

“We're just trying to get this done like you guys.”

“And we understand.” Ezra said,

“Anyways, are you guys in?”

Yet another explosion went out.

“We're in.” Ezra replied,