Chapter 4

Chapter 4: A Secret To Keep

Ezra and Waylon then ran back to Waylon's car. Waylon opened the door where Ezra sat before.

“Come on, hurry!” Waylon shouted,

Ezra then sat in his seat and shut the door. Waylon then went to the driver's seat, opened up the door and sat inside and shut the door. He then started the engine and drove off. The two were out of breath.

“I can't believe…” Ezra said, while regaining his breath, “That just happened…”

“We almost… blew ourselves… out of the water…” Waylon said, also regaining his breath,

“I also can't believe you brought me here… If I brought myself into this, you would have whooped my ass…”

“True…”

Waylon sighed heavily.

“I'm sorry, Ezra.” He said, “This almost killed us.”

“It's fine…” Ezra said,

Ezra looks out the window.

“This is crazy…” He said, “A literal cult carrying an unconscious human… Why?”

“I don't know, but it's a mystery.” Waylon replied,

As Waylon reached a red light, he stopped and turned to Ezra.

“We should agree on something.” He said to his son, “We should never tell anyone about what we saw. …Except for our closed ones.”

“As in family and friends?” Ezra wondered,

“...We're the only family around here, unfortunately…”

“Oh…”

“If you want to talk to your best friend and your girlfriend about it, go ahead, but don't share any of this to anyone.”

“I won't, as long as you do the same.”

“Deal.”

The two shook their hands as Waylon then turned back to the road as the stoplight turned green.

“And perfect timing for a green light.” He said, “Alright, let's now pretend that none of what we saw has happened…”

“Ok…” Ezra said,