Another World

⚠️Tw: anxiety, depression, grief⚠️

Liam's POV:
We were waiting at reception when a detective came out and introduced them self "Hello I am detective Sam, I believe I spoke with Niall on the phone. I am one of the detectives a signed to this case" we all nod.

"Do you have any details about the young boy we are taking care of?" Louis asked. We all stood nervously as we waited for detective Sam to respond to the question.

Detective Sam smiled and told us "We got some information from him and I know a fair bit about him, the boy's name is Charlie spring he's 16 years old and tragically tonight his sister died. She was his guardian, and he is very upset about losing her, we all are she was a great friend and are very good detective."

As Detective Sam spoke, a wave of sympathy washed over me for this young boy, Charlie. Losing a sibling, especially one who acted as his guardian, must have been devastating.

"That's a lot for anyone to handle, especially someone so young," I remarked, my voice tinged with sadness and heartache.

Detective Sam nodded, his expression reflecting the gravity of the situation. "It's a tough situation, no doubt about it. But we're doing everything we can to ensure Charlie gets the support he needs."

"Poor boy. That's hard to lose your sister and then be put straight into foster care" Louis says his voice more quiet than usual and soft.

Louis glanced at me, his eyes filled with concern. "We have to make sure he feels welcome and supported," he said firmly. "No one should have to face something like this alone."

"If you boys would like to follow me to my office" we all nod and follow the detective to his office.

As Detective Sam shared more details about Charlie, I listened intently, feeling a pang of sympathy for the young boy whose world had been shattered by loss tonight.

"I have a bit more information for you," Sam began, his voice gentle yet grave. "Charlie is on the school's running team, and he attends Truham boys' school. He seems to have a close-knit group of friends, but he's also very shy and doesn't trust people easily. He also mentioned that he was dating a boy named Ben."

The mention of Ben caught my attention, adding another layer of complexity to Charlie's situation. I wondered how Ben fit into Charlie's life and how his presence might impact our efforts to support him through his grief.

"He sounds like he's been through a lot," Louis remarked, his voice tinged with sadness.

"We'll need to be patient with him, earn his trust."

I nodded in agreement, the weight of responsibility settling heavily on my shoulders. "Absolutely," I replied. "We have to show him that we're here for him, no matter what."

As we continued to wait, the minutes stretched on, each passing second filled with anticipation and apprehension.

But amidst the uncertainty, one thing remained clear - we were determined to be there for Charlie, offering him the compassion and support he needed to navigate through his pain.

With Detective Sam leading the way, I felt a sense of purpose driving us forward. Meeting Charlie would mark the beginning of a journey filled with challenges and uncertainties.

But I knew that with the strength of our bond as friends and the guidance of Detective Sam, we would do everything in our power to make a positive impact in Charlie's life.

As we followed Detective Sam through the corridors of the police station, I couldn't shake the feeling of responsibility weighing heavily on my shoulders.

When we finally reached Detective Sam's office, I took a deep breath, steeling myself for what lay ahead.

Charlie's grief was palpable, and I knew that it would take time and compassion to help him navigate through it...