Chapter one - A new job

The sound of boot steps echoed against the walls of the dimly lit corridor, leading directly towards a small room filled with computers and various tech. The sound died down as a man entered the room, his eyes narrowing as he stopped in his tracks. He was waiting, listening for something to come next. Silence filled the air, not a word spoken or even a movement happening. It was just the man left to himself and his thoughts, but he had no time to get lost in his thoughts, he was nothing more than completely focused on something in front of him. There was no doubt in this man's mind, this was where he was supposed to be. The room was unnaturally spine-chilling, like there were eyes beating down on whoever stepped foot into it. The man could feel this, but he was far from backing down, he couldn't leave now.

"Not what I was expecting." A different man spoke up, breaking the silence. He peered over his shoulder for a brief moment, turning his chair to face the other man.

"Me, surprising you? That must be a first." The first man stated, a light amusement in his voice as he spoke.

The second man was now revealed, he wore dark black sunglasses, his eyes nowhere to be seen, hidden perfectly beneath them. His hair was slicked back and neat, striking a blonde hair color that perfectly pulled everything together. It was the complete opposite of the other man standing in front of him. The first man had unkept and messy hair, a hazelnut hair color that paired well with his sunken hazel eyes and tan skin. They were polar opposites not only in appearance, but in almost every way imaginable. It was a surprise the two men stood in the same room, almost a foot away. At any moment, it felt as though they could attack one another.

"B.S.A.A, I assume?" The other man asked, though it seemed far from a question and rather an accusation.

"I'm flattered by such kind words, Albert." The man retorted, a sly smirk growing on his face. He knew exactly who the other was, and it seemed the other man did too.

"Government then? I don't play games, Emmett. You of all should know that." Albert scolded, resting his arms on the side of his chair.

"I thought that was exactly what you did, considering your betrayal." Emmett snickered, his smirk completely disappearing as he peered down at Albert, a bitterness to his tone as he spoke.

It was no surprise by now that the two men knew each other, though this was far from a friendly reunion. Both glared at one another for a minute, perhaps pondering what to say in a situation like this. Albert crossed one of his legs over the other, leaning back in his chair carefully as he supported his chin with his hand. He was far from fazed, Emmett wasn't sure there was anything that could shock the man. Frankly, he didn't know why he was there. He knew it was Albert who hired him, it wasn't some shock, Emmett had chosen to come.

"Still not over it? Such a pity." He added, turning his head momentarily to look past Emmett. There was practically no emotion in his voice, it was as if he didn't have any care towards him or the situation.

Albert seemed to not trust Emmett, constantly peering over his shoulder and glaring at him from behind the glasses as if he had some other move, almost like he was expecting soldiers to come in or hell, even Chris Redfield himself to barge in. Emmett rolled his eyes briefly, looking over his own shoulder in a way to mock Albert. If Emmett had some other move, he'd have already revealed it by now.

"I'll only ask once more, who are you working for?" Albert ordered, raising his voice in the slightest. He was having nothing to do with the other man, his patience was on a thread that was very close to breaking.

"Not such a nice thing to say to the mercenary you just hired, is it?" Emmett remarked, titling his head slightly as he studied Albert closely, waiting for some form of reaction.