𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

“𝐈n the next four hundred metres, turn right

   “𝐈n the next four hundred metres, turn right.” Shut up you bitch.
I am trying to get to that damned restaurant where Utkarsh asked me to meet about our Montreal business trip.
And I refuse to take help of my boss. So I took help of Google maps, but it's just helping me to swirl round and round.

   I was supposed to meet him at seven pm sharp, but it's already seven thirty.
And Utkarsh hates late comers.

   On the top of that, I can see some police officers blocking the way.

Madam, gaadi rokiye. Apna licence dikhaiye.(1)” Ugh! I stopped my car when the policeman asked me to.

[(1) : Madam, stop the car. Show us your licence.]

   I gave a bitter smile to the policeman, saying, “Sir please, it's getting late for me. I have a meeting.” But that man didn't listen and just asked me to show my licence.

   UGH.

   I sighed and called my boss. I should atleast inform him that I am getting late and on the top of that I can't even find the damned route.

   While the policeman checked my licence, I indulged myself with my boss' call. “Hello?”
“Ms Adyanthaya where ar—”
“I know. I know. I'm late. And I'm so sorry about that it's just the traffic and the place and everything. I will be there, don't worry. I'm sorry again.”

   There was a bit of silence in the call. My heartbeat was ready for a nice excuse.

   “It's okay. I was late as well.” He broke the silence after a while.

   Excuse me?
   Utkarsh Acharya late?
   How is this even possible?

   “Come fast, I'll be off if you don't arrive in the next fifteen minutes.” And he hung up.

   And I sat there in awe. Until the policeman asked, “Madam, do you wish to stay here forever?” I again smiled bitterly at him as he gave the licence back. I raced my car through the streets and after ten minutes of more shit, I finally reached La Belleza restaurant.

   Rich people, rich choices. Now don't complain that I live in the same sized house as him. That house is my family's not mine. I plan to buy my own house soon and I'm saving money for that.

   Anyways, I saw Utkarsh sitting at the glass window seat going through his phone.

   “Good evening, Sir.” I sat down, putting my purse beside me.
   “Good evening.”

   And he looked into his phone again.

   What?

   I sighed. This was getting awkward.

   I waited for him to finish whatever he was doing, till then I looked at my surroundings.

   The restaurant was nice. The people were calm and classy, the waiters talking to eachother in a low tone, no chillam-chillie(2) like the usual dhabas(3) I and Ayana used to visit when we were young.