Chapter 2:4___forgiveness

~

i was disappointed with no response from her side even after 7 days of our indirect interactions ....and so the morning of the eighth day ashley came out of her room with her bag and i followed her down the street and we reached the street in front of the hotel ...in our journey from the hotel room through the elevator to the street,she looked behind at me many times and i tried smiling at her but she gave no response and kept walking...when she reached the street, she looked at me and then began crossing the road ....i stood on the other side of the road watching her cross the road when suddenly a voice from behind startled her...a friend of ashley yelling,"ashleyy you forgot these files..u need to take them with you"ashley turned back,standing in the middle of the road,and said,"i cannot hear you emma...!"..when a fast moving truck came from the other side of the road....it was about to hit ashley when i jumped onto her and took her in my arms, locked in each others arms...we rolled away to the other side of the road..here we were locked in eachother's arms .....i could feel her heart pounding..it was fast ..her eyes were closed ...my heartbeat was fast too as i didnot know what,when and how it all happened ...i kept watching her beautiful face which glew more red in fear after a few moments when she slowly opened her eyes .. I kept watching her ..we had an eye lock for some moments and then i realized that we were surrounded by a crowd of people asking if we were alright?i stood up and said," yes, we are"..i picked her up and asked if she was alright to leave on her own..she replied,"yes i am,thankyou jack" she looked into my eyes for a moment and then left.......i was happy to save her life... i didnt know why i risked my life to save hers but it was a truth that i did...so noww what i did was that i made sign boards and they all contained one thing...it was written on them in block," I AM SORRY ASHLEY PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE"i asked my friend sam to help me in this and he did... all the boards were put along the road from her office to the hotel....as she entered the hotel ..the manager on my request came to her and gave her a bouquet of flowers which contained the same coloured flowers which she brought for me when she came to see me for the first time..she asked him,"who has sent these flowers?"the manager said,"i dont know mam, a gentleman gave me these flowers and requested me to give you on his behalf"she turned the bouquet to see if there was any note but to her disappointment there was none ..so she took the elevator and in the elevator there was another signboard..and as she reached her floor she was shocked to see me sitting on my knees infront of her room so she asked,"what's all this jack?these signboards, i know the bouquet is also from you..what do you want?why are you back now?"i said,"i just want you to give me a chance and forgive me!"she asked,"why do you want my forgiveness now?why a chance jack?why now?" "because i am not wrong!"i replied with surity.

"you are not wrong jack !..you left me all alone...you... you exposed our relationship like it was some sort of a game ...i trusted you and you made me a joke in front of all"she said with many pauses and extreme pain in her voice...

"no i didnt ..i was not the one who left you alone ..that incident was a surprise to me too i was equally shocked because all i remembered was that there was no one on the street that night so i was not involved in this..."i said as i tried to prove my innocence to her...

"but i called you and you nevaa picked any of my calls!"she said,as her beautiful eyes questioned my heart... "i was afraid to pick your phone in the beginning but believe me i lost my phone later on, someone stole it and left it later when you were gone..i tried calling you on your number and waiting for you in the university... i even went to your house but it was sold to someone else ...all my efforts went in vain..i was not able to locate you coz no one knew where you had gone..trust me ashley give me one last chance please"i requested her and she because she loved me agreed to give me a chance but this time just as her friend and nothing else..

i slept that night with happiness because i had acheived my first goal...