Chapter 1 ___The Bar

THE story starts with an old man of about ,50 years old, sitting on a table right infront of the bartender,the old man had a lot of grey hairs among the pure black hairs on his head,a normal fashioned,white coloured, moustacche on his face.he was wearing a nice suit, black in colour, it appeared as if it was some kind of special tuxedo that he really loved because he watched his tuxedo again and again with his blue eyes that were drenched in pain and regret of some sort .... tears rolling down his eyes while he watched a picture.the picture was framed in a beautiful frame of pink colour.the old man watched this picture at regular intervals while he drank glasses after glasses of wine....when he asked for the fifth glass of wine....the bartender said,"sir!i believe you should not drink this much as it is harmful especially for a man of your age.".The old man replied,"ohh dear,thanx for ur concern.it has been a really long time since some one has told me somethng that involved my safety .i guess you are new here,are you?"the bartender replied,"yes sir,my name is john and i came here today."the old man said,"well its nice to meet you john.i believe you are a really good guy.stay safe my boy.and yeah forget about me..just hand me a glass of wine.will you please?"john replied,"sure sir.after all you r my customer and i am bound to take your order.here you go."saying this john gave the old man his glass of wine and turned towards a friend sitting right next to the old man.

the old man started watching the picture in his hand while taking a sip of his fifth glass of wine.he seemed like a man full of memories filled with nostalgia for probably his old days or someone special when suddenly he overheard someone talking about a bet... He turned his ears towards the voice ..it was john,the bartender,talking to his friend ,"hey alan!do yo know a guy at school bet me 50$ to dump that girl."

Alan,"which girl mate?"

john,"that one standing there in blue."

Alan,"dude she s hot you are gonna have fun too.gud luck."

John,"thanks i really wanna win this bet and m sure i will." This is when the old man interrupted them n said john dear boy ,"if u wouldnt mind i would like to say that you should not go for this bet.it might turn into a disaster at the end and for that i am 100% sure."

john,"what makes you say that?and how come you know so much about betting and its consequences?"

the old man replied,"ohh trust me!john i have been through this period of age and i have had this experience myself."he said with such assurity and pain in his eyes that it compelled john and his friend ,alan, to ask him abt his experience.

after a while the old man agreed to tell them abt his experience in life about bets n so he started telling his story as follows:

"my name is jack and my whole life kind of revolves around bets.when i was young around 25 years old i had everything i was rich ,intelligent and a guy suffering from a problem...a big one ...making and accepting bets...... i made my first bet on 2 april 1990 ..a friend of mine asked me to beat up a new boy at university....the new boy was a rich and innocent guy ..the bet was of 60 dollars ...i accepted the bet as the reward was quite well and appealing and i wanted to prove that i was not a coward to all my friends....i didnt knew that my friend actually wanted the guy to leave the university for his own benefit..he wanted to remain the only richest guy in university but he was a coward and didnot wanted either thing to happen... I.e the new guy remaining in university and for his friends and girls to think that he was a coward..so he used me very wisely and i ,in the greed of earning money and proving myself to all, didnot think about all of this at the time of accepting the bet so i went outside and took the new guy by his collar ,he was weak... i bet him badly...i used to work out alot so i was quite strong..the new guy had no chance infront of me...so he accepted to leave the university in fear...i was happy i had won my first ever bet and acheived my goals....now i was famous. Everyone thought i was really strong n cool n brave ..girls wanted to date me..and everything turned out the way i imagined it to be...that was my first bet but there were more to come ..... since then i used to accept bets and fortunately i won all...which increased my confidence more and more,brought me money.brought me fame...

~

....one day a new girl came and took admission in our university..her name was ashley ..tall girl with smooth blonde hairs...cherry red cheeks ..blue flashing eyes ..rose coloured lips ..a charming smile and a beautiful swan like body....but she had a problem...she was proud of herself and was an arrogant lady..well she deserved to be arrogant because she had everything a girl could have and a boy could dream of...she used to avoid talking to guys..she lived in her own world with some girl friends...my friends went and tried to talk to her but she avoided...so now i was left from my gang of friends..i had a bet with them that i will be the one to get the girl..i was ready for it because i had never lost a bet and i was quite confident that i will be the winner this time too..and so here starts the climax of the story....