Chapter 2📿

Chapter 2

Flashback.                                         2004

"This place is way past capacity" Denes spoke to his eager roommate, Adriano, as they walked up the stairs into the chaos that was the Alpha Phi house. Adriano wasted no time scanning the place as a lot was going on.

From the stairs, down the foyer, living room, dining area, kitchen, and out back in the yard. Denes chest rose and fell fast as this ramped up his social awkwardness. He licked his lips as Adriano spoke, "your hour starts now, get to it. If you need the bar it's out back." Denes went to speak again as Adriano found some girl eye fucking him from by the Dj area.

Denes stepped outside and the fresh air made him feel less claustrophobic. He saw people staring up at the roof as they all cheered for some idiot on a skateboard to land in the pool. Denes made his way around the pool deck and out the way. He watched as the white boy chugged an entire beer can and screamed, "ALPHA PHI FOREVER!" He let go the tip of the skateboard and rolled down the roof as everyone screamed. The wheels stopped in the gutter before tossing him thru the air. He did about four flips before crashing into the pool. Everyone roared as Denes even laughed as his anxiety lowered knowing the boy did not just skateboard to his death.

He walked around towards the bar and it was a pretty nice crowd surrounding the medium size bar. The two girls behind the bar were slammed. However, he knew he had to lower his walls to win this bet with Adriano. He walked around the edge and got to the edge of the bar. He called out a few times and to no avail.

"Hey"

"Um-"

"Excuse me"

The bartender girls did not hear him as he had no sense of diction or authority in his voice. However, he did catch the attention of rush week pledge, Hawk Kincaid. He had only been rushing Alpha Phi for the week and has made quite the impression on his future brother's. He was the definition of the a dark skinned God.

Silky skin
Pearly with teeth
6'5
Built like a truck.
Massive arms.
Strong legs.

He comes from a family of art gallery owners. In 2004 a rich black boy from a family of wealth was rare so all eyes were on him. Plus, his father being a brother of Alpha Phi in his years at NYU...his family legacy already had him as an automatic pledge and brother.

"Yo Cara!" He spoke as she shot her face over at him.

"Let me get two shots of cognac, straight no ice. One is for my old hoes and the second one is for the hoes Im going to get tonight." He said to her before winking. Hawk demeanor had caught the attention of Denes. Hawk caught him staring and during the commotion at the bar he asked, "What you want?"

"A beer is fine."

"Beer? You don't strike me as a beer drinker." Hawk asked him confused as Denes somehow became scared that he had upset a man whose name he did not even know.

"Jack&Coke with a lime slice. It's a drink my mom has when she is out." Denes said and explained as Hawk laughed and smiled at the fact Denes felt the need to explain all that during all this chaos at the bar.

Hawk kissed his teeth as Cara sat the Hennessy shots in front of him. He nodded at her and spoke, "And give him a Jack&Coke"

"With a lime slice" Denes said a bit louder than he had previously been speaking. Cara  turned her head that way towards him and nodded, "You got it." Denes smiled and looked at Hawk. Hawk smirked back at him as he rose one shot up to him and tossed it back. Without breaking contact Denes stared as he picked the other one up and tossed it back all the same. Denes felt somewhat in a trance that he did not even notice his drink was sitting in front of him.