Chapter 14- Butt Ride

Nicole POV

'But I want to hold hands with you', I reminisce while walking to class. Placing my bag aside, my thoughts run around the head pat and my sudden urge to kiss her. I fan my face and try to shake off the thoughts.

'No! Don't get distracted'. With a slight blush, I concentrate back on my lecture. The girl behind me starts making kissing noises as she tries to get her boyfriend's attention. 'Focus, Nicole focus'. She continues to make those until she has it.

As if the professor had read my mind, he cleared his throat before continuing with his lecture. The bell rings and he dismisses us for lunch. Everyone gathers their belongings and leaves the classroom in an orderly fashion.

I grab my bag and start dashing towards my locker. I stuff my books in there and rush towards the dorms. Kenzie must be back by now.

I slam the door open and throw a bag of chocolate doughnuts at her. She catches it with ease. I dump my bag on the desk, making myself comfortable on my study chair, opposite hers.

"It hasn't even been an hour with the wound and you have started with biology again?". She simply smiles as I hand her a doughnut.
She takes a small bite and continues scribbling some figures." Why aren't you having you having your doughnut?". She shakes her head and takes another bite. I sigh. "You can tell me if something's been bothering you", I say caressing her hand.

She sighs as I squeeze it and turns to face me. "I'm just not hungry anymore... maybe my body needs rest". She looks up through her sagging eyelids as her lips curve partially. She then puts her head down on the table.

"How about we go bike riding later?", I ask. She nods, rubbing her head against the table. Her eyes close behind her wavy waterfall as her eyelashes rest gently on those plump apples." But your leg's injured".

"I can go", she murmurs.

"We'll see, first you need sleep". She nods again, this time hitting the book stack with the back of her head and gets up. She stretches her hands and pulls her jersey above her head.

"What are you doing?!", I cover my eyes.

"Changing". Her monotone voice rings from a distance as she twirls into her pyjamas and climbs up. I stuff my mouth with a few doughnuts and try to forget the mole near her belly button.

After finishing, I turn towards the laptop and start writing a new article for the school newspaper.  While scrolling down on the blog, I noticed some articles written about the girl who got attacked. She was at the same middle school that Ray went to. In one of them, her name is mentioned, but the picture was taken when she left the school.

Many students were questioned but some eyewitnesses's statements were never recorded. This included some students who were currently studying at Virginia High and an ex-student, the ones I was meant to interview. Tess Jhonson and Marie Jhonson.

"Shoot!", an upper bed creaks as desperate hands scavenge the perimeter of a mattress.
"What's the time?", she shrieks,  throwing off the sheets and walking wobbly downstairs.

"It's six. Don't worry I have called in that you won't be cleaning today because of the injury". She caresses her forehead and reaches for her table. "What are you doing?"

"I have somewhere to be", her hands stuffing folders and books in her bag.

"But you are hurt. You shouldn't go anywhere in this shape".

"I can't ditch this, it's important".

I reach for her and hold onto a cloth she was about to pack." You should not", I say keeping my grip firm on the fabric.