[ 8 ] : 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

                             ₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

Everyone was told to meet at the Greenes house as Ruby sat on the steps rolling her eyes at Glenn and Maggie being gross.

"Oh here we go." Daryl started as Shane approached with the bag of guns.

"What's all this?"

"You with me man?" Asked Shane giving Daryl a gun.

Ruby zoned out and looked around.

Sometimes Ruby felt as if she could just turn of her mind.

Her mind was blank and she liked it.

Ruby zoned back in to hear yelling and everyone running off.

Ruby grabbed her gun once she saw Rick and Hershel having walkers on leashes.

Ruby ran forward to help as she secured her gun in her hands.

Once they reached the barn Shane was heated and shot the walker Hershel had leashed many times to prove a point.

Ruby slightly flinched at the gunshots as she made her way over.

"Enough! Risking our lives for a little girl who's gone! Enough! Living next to barn filled with things trying to kill us! Enough!"

Ruby looked over at Carol as he yelled about Sophia.

Ruby didn't know her but she felt the want to find her though she wasn't allowed to go out and look for her she so desperately wanted to find her.

She was so scared and looked so hurt when she approached Ruby.

"Rick it ain't like it was before! Now if yall wanna live you gotta fight for it! Im talkin about fight! Right here! Right now!" Shane finished and ran towards the barn and busted it open.

Ruby's eyes widened in shock to see his anger seeping out , like it was nothing. She looked back to see Lori yelling for Rick.

Suddenly everything became too overwhelming for Ruby. She covered her eyes while still looking up to see Andrea , T-Dog , Glenn hesitant to shoot the walkers.

Quickly Ruby ran over and shot the walkers one by one. She felt so guilty but it was very necessary.

Glenn came up on her side and started shooting.

Once they seemed to all be dead everyone paused, like the world has stopped infront of her eyes. Everyone was silent.

Dale came up and looked wide eyed.

Ruby heard one last growl and she raised her gun.

It was a girl , short hair a blue shirt with a dirty rainbow on it and her slight cargo pants up to her ankles.

Ruby looked at her shoes and dropped her gun wide eyed. Maybe she would still be alive if she had stayed with her.

Ruby felt a silent tear leave her eye as she wiped her eyes violently. She had never shown fear or sadness infront of this group. And she wouldn't. Not yet.

Rick made his way over and pointed his gun shooting Sophia.

Her limp body fell quickly as carols sobs filled the air.

Ruby looked up and over to her Daryl held her as she sobbed loudly.

Another tear left Ruby's eye and she felt so sad for the mother. She just wanted to find her daughter.

Almost two weeks they were at the farm , Daryl was grazed in the head , they lost a horse , and most of all , they risked their lives to find Sophia.

Just to find her dead in the barn.

That's what hurt Ruby the most , she was just a few feet away.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

______________________

authors note :

dk why this chapters so short??! but ok

words : 574