Eddie

Clothes shopping, shoe shopping and both of us got our hair trimmed. I did end up shaving my beard since it was itchy. Buck did a fake pout once he saw my face clear. I laughed making his fake pout turn into a smile. We sat in the food court now as we were eating pizza.
"Thanks for all this Eddie. Really."
We were sitting on the same side of the booth like table.
"No problem."
"Do you think we would've been friends in school?"
Buck asked as I drank some of the shared lemonade we got.
"Huh?"
"You know like I don't know maybe even if in another universe. If we had the same job. Like if we didn't meet the way we did .. would you still like me?"
I set the cup down and used napkins to wipe my hands from the pizza grease.
"Yeah of course. But I don't think there is another universe."
"What about fate? Do you think fate brought us together?"
I chuckled at his random questions and saw Buck pick at the mushroom and ate it by itself not on the pizza.
"Nah I doubt fate is real. It's all about what you put out into the world. It's just dumb luck?"
I said like question since honestly I didn't know exactly what was real and not. Growing up I was with catholic family.
"Yeah maybe so.. but what if we were models? Or ooh fire fighters. Would we get along?"
I laughed and saw Buck smile little and look at me.
"I mean that sounds like a hard job. If we worked on those shifts yeah. I'd have your back and love to be with you then too."
"Really?"
"Mmmh. Why you ask?"
"I'd have your back too.. I don't know just thinking about the trial and the what if it goes bad.."
I put my hand in his and saw him look at our hands before looking up at me.
"We have to take this one day at time okay? Even if it's a corner it's still a step. Take one step at a time. It's better than no steps. We will do this together okay? I'm not letting you run away this time. I'm going to be with you every step of the way."
I saw Buck wipe tear with his free hand and then he pulled me into hug. I hugged him back and closed my eyes at the contact.
"I love .. pizza."
Buck said letting go and picked up his pizza. My heart beat picked up when I thought he was going to say another word.
"Yeah.. I love pizza too."
I saw Buck smile into his pizza and keep eating.

Back home I started the laundry as Buck decorated his stuff he got. We stopped by a store to print pictures. He had few of his sister and him when they were younger. Even one he took of Chris, himself and me outside the bookstore.

Later we cuddled in bed as Chris was at sleepover. We just talked about everything that night. From our first kisses with guys (his was with a guy named Tommy from the store), what are favorite colors are (I said blue since reminds me of Buck's eyes), what we wanted to be when we grew up..
"Firefighter."
I looked down at Buck as he was cuddling into me.
"Really? Well you still can. This use to be a firehouse."
Buck looked up at me before sitting up and I sat up too. Now our backs on the headboard.
"I doubt it. Who would hire me a houses less person—"
"Hey you live here now."
"Right sorry. Who would hire me a guy with only high school diploma?"
"I did and that's exactly what you need to do it."
"But look at me I'm not fit enough."
I rolled my eyes and moved to straddle Buck as I saw his blue eyes widen.
"Oh I looked. And I'm not just saying this because you are my boyfriend—"
"We are boyfriends?"
I laughed seeing Buck smile and move his hair out of his face. As now the hair gel from the hair salon worn out. His hair was curly and I wanted to touch them.
"Will you be my boyfrie—?"
Buck kissed me and I kissed back and moved my hands around his neck. I felt his hands on my bare chest and move down to my hips. We pulled our lips apart and I smiled when I opened my eyes.
"Yeah I'll be your boyfriend."
I chuckled with Buck as he sat back but didn't take his hands off me. I slide my hands up his neck and lightly pull at his curly hair making him groan quietly. A noise just like his laugh I'll never get tired of hearing.
"Okay so boyfriend."
I saw Buck smile bigger when I said it.
"If you do want to be a firefighter we can ask Athena for advice? I bet she can help us. Plus I remember at the gas station Bobby said he wants to be one too."
"He does. He was close back in Minnesota but got drunk and burnt down his old apartment building. Lot people died that night.. but after doing his time he moved here. Wanting new start but couldn't keep a job since he went back to drinking. Yet yeah now that he's sober for good this time .. I can ask him if he still wants to."
"Yeah see that'll be fun. We can ask Athena about that too."
"Cool now can we stop talking about our friends? I love them but don't want their names coming out of your mouth.. I want my name .."
Before I could say anything or react Buck flipped us as I groaned happy. My hands were above my ahead now with Buck straddling me.
"See already hot firefighter that was strong."
"Please you hot as f k too Eddie but that was nothing. They lift crazy stuff and—"
I moved up and kissed Buck as he didn't have a tight grip on my hands. He kissed back as I felt my hands free and I laid back down. Laying back down it made Buck follow me and we kept kissing.

Cuddling again now after our quick shower after previous moments, this time Buck was the big spoon and he was holding me.
"Goodnight Buckley.."
"Goodnight Diaz."
I smiled feeling his cool air when he spoke and I closed my eyes. It didn't take long but I fell asleep to the feeling of Buck holding me.