001 - Announcements

ıllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllı

Liked by Scarlett_Johansson, TheLizzieOlsen, FlorencePugh and 78,000 others

NotEmmaWhitley I just received some of the biggest news I'll probably ever receive! I'm still trying to process it...

Scarlett_Johansson You've been in the TVD series, which, mind you is still a humongous hit today, and this news is a shock to you?
|
NotEmmaWhitley Yes, Scarlett, it is a shock to me. My brain is still struggling to comprehend it.

Username24 Anyone else notice that majority of the Marvel cast liked Emma's post? And look who's started following her! RDJ, Scarlett Johansson and even Lizzie fucking Olsen!

Username46 She's joining Marvel?!

Username13 Whatever the news she just received is clearly quite huge.
|
NotEmmaWhitley Hell yes, it is. Surely you'd be shocked as well?
|
Username13 Did the CLEMENTINE WHITLEY just reply to my comment?! I think I just died and went to heaven!

NinaDobrevOfficial Congrats, Em! It's definitely well-deserved!
|
NotEmmaWhitley Thanks, Nini!

View all comments...?

ıllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllı

Emma sat upright in her plush leather armchair, her ocean-blue eyes shining with a mixture of disbelief and unadulterated excitement. Her heart thundered against her ribcage, as if threatening to jump out of her chest, as she stared at the email on her laptop screen. Her eyes were wide, the size of tennis balls almost, as she stared, refusing to accept the reality of the situation. The news was too good to be true.

It must be some sort of joke She thought but the longer she stared at it, the more the words became embedded into her mind, imprinting themselves there for possible eternity. There it was, emblazoned across the screen of her laptop - an email from the Russo brothers themselves, the masterminds behind some of Scarlett's most iconic roles within the Marvel universe. They wanted her. They wanted her to play a part in Scarlett's upcoming solo movie; the Black Widow. The same movie that had been the topic of every conversation, every dream, every whispered secret hope since Scarlett had first mentioned it.

Her breath caught in her throat as she re-read the email over and over again, her heart was pounding so loudly she was sure the entire world could hear it. Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes, threatening to spill over at any moment, and she could feel a broad smile spread across her face, threatening to split her lips. She couldn't help but feel as though she were floating, weightless and free, like a feather drifting through the summer breeze.

"Hey baby, you okay? You look a little bit shocked..." Scarlett said, walking into the lounge with their two girls, Logan and Rose, skipping merrily behind her. They paused mid-step when they saw the expression on Emma's face, their eyes widening in surprise.

Emma looked up, her ocean-blue eyes meeting Scarlett's intense green gaze. "Scarlett... I... they want me. The Russos... they want me to be in your movie." Her voice wavered, coming out in a breathless whisper, and she could feel her knees begin to tremble, as though they wanted to collapse. "I... I can't believe it."

Scarlett's face broke into a wide, dazzling smile, and she hurried over to Emma's side, taking her hand in her own as she settled down beside her. "I knew they'd see it," she breathed, her voice shaking with emotion. "I just knew they'd see how perfect you are for this."

"But how? How did they even know about me?" Emma asked, her voice still trembling. "Baby, I've been telling them about you for years! I'm just glad they finally had the courage to ask you." Scarlett said, her green orbs sparkling with unhinged pride.

Emma leaned in, pressing their foreheads together. "I love you, you know that? You're the reason I could even dream of doing this. And to be able to share this with you, to be your partner in this..." Her voice trailed off, and she took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing heart.

Scarlett squeezed her hand, lacing their fingers together. "We're going to be amazing, you and I. We always have been. And the girls, they're going to be so proud of their moms." She glanced over at their two precocious daughters, who were now standing side by side, hands clasped behind their backs, beaming with unimpeachable pride.

ıllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllı

NotEmmaWhitley Good morning, New York City!

ıllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllııllıllı

First chapter done. Not much and seriously not my best one, but that's beside the point. It's thanks to @0fficial_Lexi that I was inspired to write a more realistic version of My London Girl. It's still an AU story though, so don't worry. For now, yours, Ruby Wolf.