Grammys

Taylor:

"Cmon Taylor we're going to be late!" Tree screams

Don't really like being in a rush, and being late to the Grammys isn't a big deal. Grammys are just Grammys. They aren't anything special, they're just a way of making people feel worthless about themselves if they're not nominated. But guess what! I'm nominated, now that Kanye never did ruin me. I love my fans.

"I'm going just let me put in these earrings" I scream back

Never going on a snack run after the red carpet, now I'm late. The good thing is I'm sitting next to Lana and Jack not some random. It's not like I'll hate it if they do sit me next to some random person but I just get really nervous sometimes. Today I need that extra moral support anyways because I'm doing something crazy tonight. I'm so excited.
...

"There she is! Whenever I mention a name they come!" Trevor Noah announces as I make my way through

I bet people are going to say I did it for attention. But no I was late because of some skittles and chips. Plus I wasn't that late I'm still going to be able to see the first performance, Dua Lipa I think?

I sit down and I quickly hug Jack and then Lana. Lana is nominated tonight as well, we're going head to head for album of the year. Yeah unfortunately people are assuming I'll win but I think Lana truly deserves it. I'm very proud of Midnights but it's not an album I'll be happy about to win album of the year because it reminds me about Joe.

"You ready for tonight?" Jack whispers in my ear and I put my fan over his mouth, don't need another lip reading person.

"So ready" I reply

"Are you guys talking about the thing?" Lana whispers with her hands covering her mouth

I slightly nod

"Ladies and gentlemen Dua Lipa!" Trevor Noah exclaims

I don't really listen to Dua Lipa, I've heard music now and then. It's always been a bit tense whenever we were close because of what happened when she mentioned being a bigger fan of Kanye's than she was mine. I didn't take offense to it at all but my fans did and they tore her up. Since then I think Dua hasn't really tried to talk to me and it's okay I understand.

Wait.

Oh god I think I'm having a gay awakening moment right now. Not this again. She really can perform, her dancing it's so mesmerizing. I'm so checking her out right now but I know people won't think that, that's the thing about the mind. No one can read it. Dua Lipa is so pretty. She's so gorgeous.

...

"That was so amazing wasn't it!" Lana exclaims

"It really was huh Taylor " Jack says

"Oh what?" I say

I was so out of it. I didn't want the performance to end at all. I was hoping she would pop out again or something but nope it's over. And yes it was super fuckin amazing.

"Yes so amazing she's such a great performer wow" I reply to both of them

I should try to approach her finally. This is such a good opportunity for us to talk, who wouldn't want her and I to take a picture or something right? Dua Lipa and Taylor Swift? Sounds like an iconic duo to me right? Both pop stars. I'll approach her later between commercial breaks and possibly hang out at the Grammys after party? Why am I thinking about this so much! Focus Taylor focus.

...

"I think I'm going to go say hi to people" Lana says getting up

"I'll go with you" I say

"Alright then let's go" she says

As we walk through I search for her even though I already know where's she's seated since I've been taking each free moment I have to stare at her. A part of me hoping each time I did that she would make eye contact but she never did. She's so unbothered and living a beautiful life since she's seated with her entire family, it's beautiful. Her red hair makes her look so rebellious and dangerous it fits her perfectly. She's so different each time I see her but for some reason now I want to see her more.

We walked around for a few minutes and were about to head back to our seats. We only had 3 minutes of commercial break left I have to talk to her now.

"Lana we should go say hi to Dua and tell how iconic that performance was" I say

"I thought you two had a bit of beef" she speaks softly

"Nah we're too old for that now" I reply

So we start heading towards her. The hands under my gloves begin to feel moist, gross and sweaty. This is so not me right now. She's just another famous person who I could befriend nothing else plus I bet I'm feeling like this because I don't know how she truly feels about me.

I see a smile go on her face as she sees me getting closer. Is it fake or real? Who the hell knows but it's so adorable. The British I swear. But I continue walking to her and I finally reach my hand out.

"Hi! I just want to say that performance was one of the best in history it was so cool and amusing" I blurt out

"Awe thank you so much Taylor it means a lot" she says

I look around at her table and begin to walk around and introduce myself one by one. I'm no god so I need to be polite. They're all so handsome, her family has the good genes.

"Well I'll let you guys have fun now but an amazing job seriously I almost died because of how good it was" I say

"Are you going to the after party? We should hang or say hi if you already have plans" she says

OMG DONT FREAK OUT BE COOL TAYLOR.

"I do but we can totally mash up our groups and have fun" I say

"Sounds great she says"
...

"My brand new album comes out April 19. It's called The Tortured Poets Department"

It's so funny how my fans thought I was going to release Reputation Taylor's version. But nope! It's an entire new album and I can't wait for them to hear it. It's a recollection of all my thoughts during certain situations that happened for two years but I love it because it's also me closing that part of my life now. Here's to a new chapter of my life.

Now let's celebrate! Grammys after party!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I had written a Dua x Taylor story before but didn't find it quite interesting so I'm testing it out :)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••I had written a Dua x Taylor story before but didn't find it quite interesting so I'm testing it out :)