Unexpected Partnership

our fav lil deer boi (he's gonna appear a lot and i'm not sorry) *villager noises*^

one more thing: i'm gonna add some helluva boss characters in the near future. would you guys prefer i write 'Blitz', 'Blitzo', or 'Blitzø'? pls comment which one otherwise i'll have to choose 😭😭 (warning, updates may be slow bc i have school)

why are these chapters so short, help 😭🖐️ (UNEDITED RIP)

~~

1945, Hell, shortly after you killed the two who summoned you

"My, my, what a splendid performance!" Slow clapping of hands echoes through the alley, almost tauntingly. "You certainly know how to put on a show, my dear. Why, I haven't been this entertained since the stock market crash of 1929, haha!"

You don't flinch at the sudden appearance of your 'audience'. "So many orphans..." you both chorus in sync and you chuckle.

"That wasn't too long ago, mysterious staticky voice. But I will admit, it was amusing," you allow, not even bothering to question who had been watching you and for what reasons.

Emerging from the shadows that hid him, was a demon grinning just as wide (if not wider) than you, sharp yellow teeth on display. He wore a red dapper suit with ragged edges along the bottom hem and around his neck was a bowtie. He also held a thin cane with a vintage style microphone attached to it. "You are quite right, my dear! I'm Alastor, pleasure to be meeting you! Quite a pleasure!" he greets energetically, shaking your hand rapidly.

"(Name)," you introduce yourself with a smirk. "And please, the pleasure is all mine, Alastor!"

"Now, if you don't mind me asking, just what kind of demon are you?" he asks, tilting his head with a crack as static fills the air, strange symbols flicking in and out of view.

You answer, unfazed at his attempt to intimidate you, "A bat one, apparently. Nah, just kidding, I'm a vampire, sweetheart." You smile sweetly, showing off your fangs. "But you already knew that, no?"

"Oh, you know me too well, (Name)! Too well!" He certainly had a flair for the theatrics, that much is obvious.

"What about you, Alastor?" you ask with a tilt of your head. "What kind of demon are you?" Your bat ears flop in the wind, rippling slightly.

"Why, I'm the Radio Demon, dear!" he says as if you'd know what that means. "Now, really, I must thank you!" he adds, twirling his microphone cane dramatically.

"Whatever for?"

"You disposed of those two... sinners," he emphasises the last word rather ominously before switching up his attitude again, "Quite lovely of you, actually! Saved me the trouble of doing it myself, haha!"

You were about to get whiplash from how fast he could change emotions. "Well, if you want to thank me, do it properly," you say, eyebrows raised in a silent challenge.

"Hm?"

You hold in a condescending snort at the funny hm he just made. "I only just arrived in Hell, dear friend," you explain with a hum, "I would greatly appreciate it if you... taught me a few things."

"And what would those few things be?"

"You seem pretty strong," you state bluntly. "Are you well-known here?"

"Why, yes, I'm an overlord, dear. I deal in souls," Alastor confirms your assumptions, making you smirk in triumph.

"Sounds swell. Teach me," you demand, leaving absolutely no room for argument.